• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Help fixing XTL5000 for VFD/EM

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
OK i have a XTL5000 VHF that i need updated from a W7 to a O5 head dash mount i have all the required equipment….. i don’t have the ability to do this …. i’m donating this to the emergency management in western oklahoma so he can have comms with the east texas panhandle for storms and fire management…. this is an actual xti5000 dash with W7 head from motorola i have the head bridge and 05 head and correct cable but when i install i get mantiance mode on screen …. i will pay shipping both ways this is a radio i bought new in 2005 maybe

radioopperator

Feed Provider
The city or county should have a radio shop with techs and the ability to do it. You don't have the skills or software to do it.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
lol this western Oklahoma nearest motorola dealer is 135 + miles… it’s a used radio i’m donating to them and they really need the O5 head not a W7. not something that is new or anything else…. also it’s a XTL not a APX it’s way out of EOF

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
and not being a turd but i’ve been in the radio game since 1988 if there was something local i could goto don’t you think I would…..? they don’t even use P25 here all is DMR in western Oklahoma

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Have you changed the C/P type in CPS first before swapping over the new head bridge, flex and CH head? It may come up in maintenance mode if the CH firmware is higher than the brick firmware, otherwise, it should push the host code into the CH and come up "normally" once this process is finished.