Need PSR 500 programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywarner

I have several scanners, and I want the PSR 500 to monitor an EDAC trunked system except certain talkgroups that I am monitoring with other scanners.

So in ARC500 I created a wildcard talkgroup, and then I went to the six talkgroups that I don't want to hear, and activated Lockout.

One of them indeed locks out, but the other five still come through. When I check them on the PSR 500 they show that Lockout is On. But I can still hear those talk groups. Any ideas?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What are the talkgroups you are trying to lockout? Your programming the system the same way that you did on the other radios? Are you sure they are not patched on the EDACS system? The only other radios beyond the GRE PSR500/600 (and RadioShack equavelent) that also hear patched talkgroups are the Uniden XT series. Maybe you should post the question in the Alabama forum to see if others are having the same problem. A link to your system or your ARC500 file may also help.

Last edited:

grumpy_hermit

When you get hits on the locked out TGs, are they hitting on the locked out entry or still coming through the wildcard? If the latter, there is a setting that will prevent wildcard hits on programmed/locked out TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.