New Aurora talk group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

k0pwo said:
And why are we discussing dpd and dps on this. The thread has nothing to do with dpd or dps since we are talking about the aurora system.

It's not abnormal for a thread to drift a little. This certainly does not bother me as long as it's a sincere post. What does bother me is when a moderator closes/locks a thread because of this. Sure, a thread should should be shut down if it gets vulgar or offensive, but I have been in many interesting threads that have have been shut down because of a moderaters 'power trip'. I was going to post my opinion in another relevant thread but I would never want to 'tread on thin ice' as Mr. Blanton stated. I go in & out of the hobby, and know that this is the greatest site, but if I do not renew my subscription it will be due to the moderator's power trips. How about a POLL to see if a thread should be closed?

Jerry

RISC777

cstockmyer said:
Did anyone ever find out who this is? Or are we going with CU Security?

Don't know. Thayne said he was going to park on it for a while, maybe he has learned something on it....Thayne? :)

Thayne

I'm sorry guys. One of the radios is parked allrite, but I had to leave to do some work the last few days. I think I will set a 780 up to record it so It will happen automatically.

I havn't forgotten though. Believe me I would rather be messing with the radio stuff than working

cstockmyer

OK so before I submit this...can everyone here agree on CU Medical center security on this one?

TDHG4U61

Hi, I didn't want to leave your question hanging. You know what, its like a rock and a hard place. The 99 percent of me want to say it sounds like C.U. security. Just wondering what happend to the new Fitz P.D. talkgroup listed in the DTRS system. Based on the conversation, not too busy but must be a large complex to cover using a city trunk system, still unable to confirm it. Not to get off track but thinking also Aurora South campus then again, C.U.. Thats my two cents. Amos

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Since an Aurora EDACS simulcast site is on the Fitzsimmons Campus it makes total sense for CUPD Fitzsimmons to be on the Aurora system. That and the campus being in the city of Aurora as well.

University law operations have a tendency to stay on the band or system that area Law enforcement is on.

Case in point when Greeley PD was on UHF so was UNC then when Greeley finally and permanently moved to DTRS UNC did so shortly after. Same with CSU when Ft Collins was assimilated by DTRS. CU in Boulder upgraded their VHF equipment as opposed to going to DTRS since everything public safety in the area is VHF.

Makes total sense guys.

Phil.

SCPD

QRT
That talk group is definitely CU Medical Campus Police at Fitzsimmons. It's even patched to the conventional repeater on the University Hospital campus at 9th and Colorado (854.9625). Take a listen.

cstockmyer

So when all the hospitals are finished out there..with hospital shared services take over? If so will they use the same freq?

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
UCHSCPD will do the first response for university buildings... any others will have HSS. HSS will not be on the Aurora system.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
It is a cross-patch from University Police at 9th/Colorado. You'll notice the audio is a little funky. The real radio system is on 854.9625R. Univ PD also has Aurora radios and TG's, and this allows them to talk to their counterparts without switching to another radio (or being out of range).

Thayne

I remember hearing HSS isn't on the VHF freqs anymore, but they use nexthells for some communications, FWIW (not much)

RF-Intel

A little late here, but these are my confirmed listings.

AFS____Dec___Desc
14-155 1917 UCHSC Fitz PD 1
14-156 1918 UCHSC Fitz PD 2 - Analog link to 9th ave campus (854.9625)
14-157 1919 UCHSC Fitz PD 3 - Dispatch (Digital)

They have been there for about a year or so, and have been mostly digital, although they like to switch around.
The new chief used to be on the Aurora Police command staff, so that could be the reason they moved over.

-Mark

cstockmyer

RF-Intel said:
A little late here, but these are my confirmed listings.

AFS____Dec___Desc
14-155 1917 UCHSC Fitz PD 1
14-156 1918 UCHSC Fitz PD 2 - Analog link to 9th ave campus (854.9625)
14-157 1919 UCHSC Fitz PD 3 - Dispatch (Digital)

They have been there for about a year or so, and have been mostly digital, although they like to switch around.
The new chief used to be on the Aurora Police command staff, so that could be the reason they moved over.

-Mark

So with the PD now on ProVoice, do these change to?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
I doubt the non APD analog TG's will. APD flips analog/digital via the radios in the field versus the radio system itself. Why the minds at M/A-COM did it this way is baffling.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.