New Dulles system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejnetguru

I see a new 700Mhz system added for Dulles Airport in the DB. Anyone know what this system is for? MWAA already had an 800Mhz system running for a long time but I monitor it from time to time and never observe any activity (tracks with lack of detail in the DB). I thought MWAA was moving (years ago) from their old P16 system to the P25 one but never moved for some reason, and I still hear them on the P16 all the time. Now another system???

Anyone have any insight? 800 for PS and 700 for non-PS maybe? And why haven't they moved in all this time?

freqhopping

TG142 is 2272 on the old system. Divide by 16
This channel heard on both systems. Some comms are first heard on the new system a second prior to the new system, while other comms are only heard on the old.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
The new 700 system i thought was for public safety due to its larger footprint. I havent heard anything on the new 700 system yet.

mrrehab

Premium Subscriber
I have loaded IAD PD on 800 mhz system in to my Unication g5 pager. Works great! Are there any other id's that are working? I have put OPS and FD in with no rx. Suggestions?

freqhopping

I'm seeing a few more channels showing up like Reagan PD and baggage handlers. I'm watching on Pro96Com. A few channels of the old system are being rebroadcast om the new. No radios are affiliating on the new system.

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
I have only been able to receive the Toll road site so far from my location. The site always alerts my G5 with "Entering Site Trunking". I haven't received any talkgroups yet.

mrrehab

Premium Subscriber
I have loaded IAD PD on 800 mhz system in to my Unication g5 pager. Works great! Are there any other id's that are working? I have put OPS and FD in with no rx. Suggestions?
Myself and 2 others have not received anything on Dulles/Mwaa 800mhz system using G5 pager in past week or so. Wonder if they were just testing that system for awhile?

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.