New Lexington Public Safety TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfactor68

Does anyone know the new digital frequency for the lexington fayette urban county government waste management department....hope it's not encrypted...

Brandenburg

So I was listening to Lex police for years....but I had my radio down for almost a year and did not realize they had gone encrypted (grrrr)....

I'm not huge into radio...I just monitored police.

Is my radio pretty much useless now or is there something out there other than WX that might be useful?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Depending upon whether you have a scanner capable of decording digital signals, you might be able to listen to the state police and possibly some of the surrounding county law enforcement.

Unfortunately between encryption and use of certain radio signal formats not "decode-able" by scanners on the market, law enforcement scanning ain't what it used to be.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Amen Chief! At this point UK PD is still on the old system, but i am hearing a new enrcypted TGID that could be them testing (alas)..... I am told for the most part Lexington Fire Fighters want most of their transmissions UNENCRYPTED so people can hear them.... if your radio listens to LTRs there is always the UK Athletics LTR at home football games.... there is the airport, public safety is encrypted, so far maintenance and a couple of other TGIDs are in the clear.... you will need a newer scanner capable of decoding the new Lexington TRS to hear a lot of this.... a PRO 96 with the factory updated CPU of v 1.3 (see Post 39 in this thread, turn your scanner off and then on, when the welcome screen comes up press 3 and you'll see that screen)....

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Back when our system was being planned, there was some discussion about encrypting fire tactical channels. I really saw now useful purpose in that - things said on the fire radios can be beneficial for public information purposes.

Having said that, we do have one encrypted talkgroup. Every now and then, there will be an injured firefighter and we might end up mentioning a name for family contact purposes. We didn't want to create any untoward anxiety resulting from scanner listening.

ku4a

Re-use of old Lexington PD VHF analog frequencies

FYI, I have heard somebody playing around with a couple of the old Lexington Police repeaters. No voice traffic but some keying up. I have been told by two different sources that other city agencies ("dog catchers" or whatever) are going to use one or more of the old police systems. Due to new FCC regulations, at some point they will have to go to narrowband analog so that other nearby channels can be assigned. Apparently, some (but not all) of the police radios that were used on VHF analog are capable of being reprogrammed to use narrowband. So, you may wish to keep these frequencies in your scanners as there may be something to listen to in the near future.

jcmt

Anyone in the know heard anything about progress (or lack thereof) with the system?

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
The word is: slow.
>Lex PD is on line, all TGIDs are encrypted, but in clear TX is heard every so often on the dispatchTGIDs... US Marshals and Transylvania University have MOUs allowing use of PD TGIDs as needed for interop... No idea how many TGIDs are on the system due to self-ordered secrecy with all info...
>Blue Grass Airport is on line with seven TGIDs, Public Safety 1 & 2 are encrypted, all others are in the clear... Have noted operations on Site 2 sometimes....
>Fayette County Detention has TGIDs on this system...
>Lex FD has a number of TGIDs that have been confirmed, they seem to follow the hex IDs from the EDACS TRS....
There are two sites operational with freqs for a third in ULS... Original plan was for seven sites to cover all of Fayette County.....

plewbel

This afternoon (7/17), LexFire dispatchers were telling units to switch over to "Primary 3" and you could no longer hear any traffic.

Around 5pm, they went back to TGID 1041 on the EDACS system.

Don't know if Primary 3 is on the P25 system or on the EDACS.

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
confirming fire dispatch is totally encrypted now according to the database?

AOD999

I have a close friend in Lexington who has received my psr-800 as I bought a trx1. Needs to get a better antenna from stock, but is highly interested in updating the RR for Lexington

KR4BD

Unfortunately, Virtually EVERYTHING in Lexington (Police and Fire) are now encrypted. The Fire Department had been simulcasting, in Analog on the old EDACS system, but even that disappeared late last week. Most of the surrounding counties have also gone to various digital modes, some of which are encrypted, as well..

Eugene

Interesting to note....Fire dispatch is encrypted but none of the FG/TAC/SCENE channels aren't. So you could monitor all of them and get a pretty good idea of what's going on, so why encrypt dispatch other than that they can.

Eugene KG4AVE

KF4JKY2017

Banned
I found some new talk groups

I found some new talk group they are unecncrypted idk what they are 1275 and 1288

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Is the EDACS system still operational?

Just wondering from a database cleanup perspective...

KF4JKY2017

Banned
Does any know if the traffic safety/parking lot patrol units is encrypted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KF4JKY2017

Banned
Talkgroup 110 on the Fayette county p-25 i think that talk group is one of the fayette county sheriff talk groups and it’s in the clear mode to and i have a question is the fire tac channels still in the clear mode and will the fire dispatch ever been back in the clear mode to just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.