New Loudoun TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikev

Caught some activity earlier today on TG 2912... nothing helpful for identifying... 9 transmissions in the 1:00p hour today. A few were quiet (i.e. key/unkey the mic quickly), most of the rest had background sound only (there was someone talking, just not directly into the mic) except for the last one, that had someone start talking closer to the mic just before it stopped.

Also caught a single transmission on TG 251... appears to be encrypted. :(

RonBon

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Feed Provider
Thanks for your hard work!!!!! Using trunk88 and pro96 has been giving me mixed results. Like certain talkgroups and system status. I'm seeing a few tg's that are 24/7 encrypted. Am I right when I say they are phase 2? Would these be the fire marshal talkgroups? Not being able to look at my logs hinders my my ability to share what I have. Funny enough control channels are all I'm able to decode for loudoun at my house. I live in sterling and tried everything under the sun to get my 800 talking. Any hints? I hope to heave better luck with my 51sl es. Not holding my breath lol. Your posts will be very useful! Many thanks!!

mikev

TG 2840 became active tonight... originally thought it might be something related to Romney's visit since it wasn't something that has been identified yet, but listening to the conversation on this TG, it is not at all related to the event.

I'm guessing it's related to LCSO somehow, since it's among their talkgroups, but I myself can't directly place what part it might be used by. I'm recording transmissions on the TG, so if someone would like a copy, I'll zip 'em up and send a PM with a link.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
TG 2840 became active tonight... originally thought it might be something related to Romney's visit since it wasn't something that has been identified yet, but listening to the conversation on this TG, it is not at all related to the event.

I'm guessing it's related to LCSO somehow, since it's among their talkgroups, but I myself can't directly place what part it might be used by. I'm recording transmissions on the TG, so if someone would like a copy, I'll zip 'em up and send a PM with a link.

Might be for the hostage situation that was going on that started about 1700. CIRT channel was active but encrypted.

I had some TGs used for Romney scribbled on a piece of paper at my desk at work but I left it there. More traffic (according to UniTrunker) on 2865, 2864, 2835, 2851 (guess from RID Leesburg PD), 2849 (guess from RID Leesburg PD).

For RIDs, it looks like SO is 3250xxx, Dispatch is 1503 & 1502. Leesburg PD is 3260xxx and dispatch 1303. 3240xxx looks like FD/EMS.

Last edited:

mikev

Might be for the hostage situation that was going on that started about 1700. CIRT channel was active but encrypted.

This would explain it... that's about when I saw this TG go active. Though it doesn't sound like a hostage situation anymore... I think it's down to just the suspect at this point, and he's contemplating suicide and has apparently injured himself (non-life threatening). If TG 2836 is CIRT, it's still very active and encrypted. But 2840 is wide open and in the clear (read: unencrypted digital TDMA)...

But I'm very surprised that comms like this are going on over an unencrypted channel.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
I heard some encryption on TG 2801 at around 21:45 or at least I thought I did. However since then TG 2801 has been "clear". There was lot of encryption this evening on various TGs which I attributed to the "special guest" in Leesburg however he has left.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
This would explain it... that's about when I saw this TG go active. Though it doesn't sound like a hostage situation anymore... I think it's down to just the suspect at this point, and he's contemplating suicide and has apparently injured himself (non-life threatening). If TG 2836 is CIRT, it's still very active and encrypted. But 2840 is wide open and in the clear (read: unencrypted digital TDMA)...

But I'm very surprised that comms like this are going on over an unencrypted channel.

What exactly were you hearing on 2840?

I heard some encryption on TG 2801 at around 21:45 or at least I thought I did. However since then TG 2801 has been "clear". There was lot of encryption this evening on various TGs which I attributed to the "special guest" in Leesburg however he has left.

Are you running firmware v1.7?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I am running 1.7. I am not too concerned yet since there may be a lot of reasons plus I am also hearing it on the Fire Channels which I would not think they would encrypt. Just an observation (I hope)

You may want to back your firmware to the latest non-beta version. Please see http://forums.radioreference.com/vi...virginia-there-santa-claus-2.html#post1837666. Besides myself, I personally know of one other person and another one (two if you include yourself) on here having the same exact issues. But we are getting off the topic.

Last edited:

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun

freqhopping

This was yesterday's incident.
10/17/12 1628 hrs.
19400 block Jodhpur Dr. Leesburg

Domestic Dispute/Attempted Malicious Wounding: Warren H. Ours, 60, was charged with attempted malicious wounding after he fired several rounds from a firearm towards an adult female victim who also resides in the residence. She escaped from the home and was not seriously injured. Ours then barricaded himself inside the home. Members of the Loudoun Sheriff’s Office Crisis Negotiations Team and the SWAT team responded to the scene. After several hours of negotiations, Ours was taken into custody. Ours is charged with attempted malicious wounding and is currently being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Another Beta Version 2.0 was released today to fix the TDMA-X2 slot issue..

freqhopping

I don't know what just happened. But on my PSR-800 it stopped on the wildcard TG showing TGID 1015 and I was hearing a PMARS radio check by Charles Co. Before I could get another scanner to the PMARS freq it was over. I've got Pro96Com running too but it doesn't show a TG1015 ever happening.

1015 is the PMARS TG for the Fairfax system which I don't even have activated in any way- not in a scanlist or scanset with Loudoun.

Last edited:

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
If you look it says T for TDMA capability but that doesn't mean it is TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.