TRX-1: New Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

I ordered a new TRX-1 Thursday. It's supposed to be here this Monday the 24th. I currently have the WS-1088. I hope it won't be much of a learning curve for me on the updating the CPU & other files. Then I gotta learn the NXDN programming. Wish me luck when I get it.

daddyjohn

Always make sure the computer program is up to date first before making other updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Morning friend across the river. It works the same as your 1088 it programs the same you just need to learn that the RAN is the same as CC for DMR and NAC for P25. You should have no trouble enjoy.

wbswetnam

Always make sure the computer program is up to date first before making other updates.

You don't have to wait for the unit to arrive before installing the EZscan software. Go ahead and download it from Whistler's website. it will ask you to create an account, then put the download into the shopping cart. Don't worry, it will appear in the cart as a free download. Download it, install it, and import your systems. When your TRX-1 arrives, you're instantly ready to connect it up and install the firmware updates.

wbswetnam

Where is the option in EZscan to import from my WS-1088?

1. Select "File", then "Restore configuration from archive."
2. Immediately after you have imported the archived file, then select "File", then "Restore factory defaults".
3. Upload the configuration to the TRX-1 with the command "Scanner / SD Card", then "Upload configuration to Scanner Memory / SD Card".

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key

zzdiesel

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that SLScanner.I hope I have better luck too. What happened for yours to need service with it do new?

Thanks everyone for the C & D explanations.

SLScanner

It just not what I thought it would be I have had GRE Scanners for 20 Years never had a problem. It was always static and it would even shut off when not plugged in. I thought after the 20 years owning Gre scanners that there might be some technology improvements (sorry ) not
Hope it comes back to where I can use for a scanner not a paper weight for that price.
Sorry I am so negative but very frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.