New PRO 96 user here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLMTR50

I just picked up a PRO 96 today on sale. My last scanner is a PRO 91.
Which software would you recomend? Win96?
Im just learning with this new (fancy) scanner that is PC programble so something not too complicated would be nice.
Thanks,
Harry
BTW I live in Pasadena, MD

hoser147

Your right on with Win 96 you can try it for 30 days before buying it, makes programin you scanner alot easier. Just keep reading your manual and playin with the scanner and youll get it down as far as operations. Good Scannin..........hoser147

rpowley

As stated - WIN96 is the way to go. To make things even better, become a donating member of RR and use the web import function in WIN96. Its a quick and easy way to program your scanner and take full advantage of the V-Scanner function of thr PRO-96.

Towpro

Welcome to the Pro-Hood......... LOL

You will love the Win96 software no doubt, but ya will also need this cable ( if you don't have 1 already).....USB PC-Data Cable for Radio Shack® Scanners, you can order it here:

http://www.greamerica.com/scanner.html

Best Buy sells one like it, but this is the latest one out, good luck & have fun listening in Maryland there neighbor, Rob.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Enjoy your new scanner Harry,

Radio Shack has the same cable as GRE (different color). Ask for 20-047. In the mean time AA county is in V-Scanner folder 5 bank 1. You can download and get to scanning as soon as you read this.

PGM
FUNC
PGM
ENTER
ENTER (wait for download to complete)
ENTER
CLR

Other nearby systems are in banks as indicated below.
Folder 05
Bank
0. Delaware State PD
1. AACO TRS
2. Baltimore MD
3. Baltimore County MD
4. Fredrick MD
5. Howard MD ?
6. Eastern Shore MD
7. Ocean City MD
8. Bucks County PA
9. Philadelphia PA

Added Edit: BTE, a very knowledgeable scannist is less then 5 miles up the road from you, in Glen Burnie.

Last edited:

ALLMTR50

fmon said:
Enjoy your new scanner Harry,

Radio Shack has the same cable as GRE (different color). Ask for 20-047. In the mean time AA county is in V-Scanner folder 5 bank 1. You can download and get to scanning as soon as you read this.

PGM
FUNC
PGM
ENTER
ENTER (wait for download to complete)
ENTER
CLR

Other nearby systems are in banks as indicated below.
Folder 05
Bank
0. Delaware State PD
1. AACO TRS
2. Baltimore MD
3. Baltimore County MD
4. Fredrick MD
5. Howard MD ?
6. Eastern Shore MD
7. Ocean City MD
8. Bucks County PA
9. Philadelphia PA

Added Edit: BTE, a very knowledgeable scannist is less then 5 miles up the road from you, in Glen Burnie.

thanks for the info, all is good so far

ffalh3940

I bought the Pro 96 about 2 years ago, and so far I love it. Have only had minor issues so far (and only with DCFD). other than that it is great. I have a lot of different agencies programmed into the banks, and they work great. Programming is a bit of a pain, but other than that it is a great scanner to have.
Alan

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
ffalh3940 said:
I bought the Pro 96 about 2 years ago, and so far I love it. Have only had minor issues so far (and only with DCFD). other than that it is great. I have a lot of different agencies programmed into the banks, and they work great. Programming is a bit of a pain, but other than that it is a great scanner to have.
Alan
Hi Alan,

\What is the DCFD issue?

SCPD

QRT
pro96 locked key pad iam a newbie but a very old one, i like milcom but now my pro96 is got lockjaw i cant get it to reset or initiate clearout file etc tried paper clip moucho times but stii hungup any info this problem appreciate any help or is it terminal.. tnx bobf9f5

Status
Not open for further replies.