New Release - DSD+ 2.176

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
FMPA is for Airspy devices. FMP24 is for RTL dongles.

S

simpilo

Single if possible.
I've tried fmp24 or fmp nothing comes up
Single dongle trunking only works on FMP24 v 2.54 For the RTL,-SDR. Dont rollback anything because TCP protocol changed. The other FMPA and FMPP wont work with RTL-SDR.

slicerwizard

I've tried fmp24 or fmp nothing comes up
*Something* has to happen. If the programs don't run properly, you either don't have the dongle plugged in or you don't have the .cfg file (or it's damaged somehow)

The instructions in Notes.txt say to start with a basic DSD+ 1.101 install folder or your previous working FL folder and then copy all of the latest FL files to the folder. If you've done that, you should have the .cfg files (including FMP24.cfg) and with a dongle plugged in, FMP24 should be happy.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Ok,
I'm trying out the single device mode and it does not seem to work for me. Obviously, i'm doing something wrong. I'm using a single Airspy. All I get is control channel activity in the 1R activity window. no audio.

Exactly, what files do i need to open and what file(s) do i need to modify if necessary. Note, prior to this new update, DSD+ was working excellently with both of my Airspy's

Thank you in advance for your helpful rely.

vince48

S

simpilo

Ok,
I'm trying out the single device mode and it does not seem to work for me. Obviously, i'm doing something wrong. I'm using a single Airspy. All I get is control channel activity in the 1R activity window. no audio.

Exactly, what files do i need to open and what file(s) do i need to modify if necessary. Note, prior to this new update, DSD+ was working excellently with both of my Airspy's

Thank you in advance for your helpful rely.

vince48
FMPA-CC and 1Ra please make sure port numbers match in both batch files.

br0adband

Finally signed up for Fast Lane because I had hoped something like this was actually a possibility meaning the single receiver aspects. This literally can make it work like a physical scanner does which is doing basically the same thing since it's just one receiver, now finally done in software after all these years. :)

This opens up some new possibilities, and while I still use basic "cheap USB TV tuners" I bought many years ago, I am hoping to get an SDRplay RSP1a soon to finally get a bigger window on the world, so to speak.

Congrats to the DSD+ devs and I'm looking forward to getting that email soon. ;)

S

simpilo

Finally signed up for Fast Lane because I had hoped something like this was actually a possibility meaning the single receiver aspects. This literally can make it work like a physical scanner does which is doing basically the same thing since it's just one receiver, now finally done in software after all these years. :)

This opens up some new possibilities, and while I still use basic "cheap USB TV tuners" I bought many years ago, I am hoping to get an SDRplay RSP1a soon to finally get a bigger window on the world, so to speak.

Congrats to the DSD+ devs and I'm looking forward to getting that email soon. ;)
Happy to hear you made the leap into the fastlane with the rest of us fastlaners. Any questions just ask. Congrats

scan18

Premium Subscriber
In order to use single receiver mode, do all the voice channels and the control channel need to be in the same bandwidth of the dongle? For example, if I’m using a regular RTL-SDR, do all the freqs need to be within 2.4 MHz? Or does it work like OP25 where it stops monitoring the control channel while a voice transmission is in progress?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
In order to use single receiver mode, do all the voice channels and the control channel need to be in the same bandwidth of the dongle? For example, if I’m using a regular RTL-SDR, do all the freqs need to be within 2.4 MHz? Or does it work like OP25 where it stops monitoring the control channel while a voice transmission is in progress?
It leaves the control channel and tunes to the voice channel.

br0adband

A modern scanner, even the most expensive models from Uniden and Whistler (GRE in the past), still only has one receiver circuit so even with the latest advances and code and SoCs and other things related to the reception and decoding aspects of control channels so it's literally hopping from the CC aka Control Channel frequency to whatever the assigned frequency is for the next VC aka Voice Channel happens to be. It does it seamlessly and very well but it's still just doing one thing at a time. The moment a VC ends activity it goes back to receiving the CC data stream and then hops again whenever a new VC is assigned, over and over again, with very little lag in the process.

So, now that this upgrade to DSD+ is here, it's basically doing the same thing even in spite of the fact that for us that use SDR hardware, and if there's enough bandwidth meaning the window into what the tuner can receive is wide enough, can literally "listen" to several MHz of activity in real-time and capture all of it. I'm pretty excited about this upgrade as I've held off on joining the Fast Lane for years now, been using the standard public release of DSD+ because it does what I need it to do.

If I were still living in Las Vegas I more than likely would have upgraded years ago but in my current area - Springfield MO - there's not a whole helluvalot of activity here, no P25 Phase II that I'm aware of, but the Missouri State Police are on a huge system using P25 Phase I so it'll be useful even so and with DSD+ support P25 Phase II now (something I just discovered a few days ago, thankfully) I'll have that option now as well since the much older public release aka "the free version" doesn't do P25 Phase II.

Should have joined Fast Lane years ago, just kept putting it off but now that it's done I need to see about getting an RSP1a soon and get back into the hobby more than I have in the recent past as well.

This is a very good thing, absolutely, and it's been a long time coming for those of us that still tend to stick with using the "cheap USB TV tuners" for various purposes that had hoped someday someone would write some crazy awesome code to basically make one app that can allow for almost scanner-like capabilities meaning just one tuner, one app, even trunking capable. ;)

br0adband

Is this a FastLane release?

Yes, because that's basically all the DSD+ developers ever put out anymore, the free version of DSD+ hasn't been updated in over 3 years now (still at v1.101). I'm still waiting on my email so I can get started with this new release myself and looking forward to learning everything I've been avoiding for years now with FMP and other aspects.

hrh17

I've noticed in single -r1 mode dsdplus automatically locks out encrypted transmissions / ENC talkgroups is there any way to disable this? as I currently monitor certain talkgroups to see when keys are updated etc...

Nevermind for some reason encrypted auto voice lockout was enabled pressing "e" fixed that

EarHoles

I've noticed in single -r1 mode dsdplus automatically locks out encrypted transmissions / ENC talkgroups is there any way to disable this? as I currently monitor certain talkgroups to see when keys are updated etc...

Nevermind for some reason encrypted auto voice lockout was enabled pressing "e" fixed that
What do you gain from monitoring key changes/updates?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay I didn’t notice on the time I had to get to work at a certain time. I’ll make a new folder and redownload some files.

Status
Not open for further replies.