New Talkgroups on the NJSP 800 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Considering the move to NJICS, you wouldn't expect to see any new users on the system, yet something new on Troop B Showed up. I noticed these talk groups several weeks ago and they finally seem to be doing some real tests.

They are testing now, making references to some churches, schools, hospitals and from the Street names they are in Essex County (somewhere around Route 23). I suspect maybe St. Joseph's Hospital based on the variety of landmarks. They are also talking about eventually moving to the "new system", I am assuming they mean NJICS.

The talk groups are:
8304 - This is channel 1

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
I heard a rumor that Cedar Grove was looking to make a move. They tested the NJICS and also the NJSP 800 . They had better coverage on the 800 system, so it might be them. I’ll have to do some digging.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
That could be it, a couple streets they were giving reports from were in Cedar Grove. They were also going into different businesses and actually went into some guys garage who happen to be outside his house.

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
Considering the move to NJICS, you wouldn't expect to see any new users on the system, yet something new on Troop B Showed up. I noticed these talk groups several weeks ago and they finally seem to be doing some real tests.

They are testing now, making references to some churches, schools, hospitals and from the Street names they are in Essex County (somewhere around Route 23). I suspect maybe St. Joseph's Hospital based on the variety of landmarks. They are also talking about eventually moving to the "new system", I am assuming they mean NJICS.

The talk groups are:
8304 - This is channel 1
St Joseph's is in Paterson, Passaic County.

markjrenna

Yeah think we have it figured to Cedar Grove. Makes sense as the rumors seem to be they want/need to move off their system.

NParkNJ

On the Road
There maybe one in Cedar Grove; but the one I was talking about is St Joseph Regional Medical Center.
There are 2 Passaic County locations.
The main hospital is in Paterson, the second(formerly Wayne General) is in Wayne, on Hamburg Tpke.

NParkNJ

On the Road
I believe St Vincents nursing home in Cedar Grove is owned by or ay least affiliated with St Joes .
Idk if it still is. It was when I was younger. I remember my father doing some runs to St Vincents. He was IT at St Joe’s for many years.

ansky

I heard a rumor that Cedar Grove was looking to make a move. They tested the NJICS and also the NJSP 800 . They had better coverage on the 800 system, so it might be them. I’ll have to do some digging.

It's odd that they would have issues on NJICS considering that nearby Little Falls, Verona, Montclair, and Fairfield all use it with seemingly no problems.

markjrenna

Site 1 is a HUGE problem. It's a horrible simulcast and there are many dead spots.

ansky

Site 1 is a HUGE problem. It's a horrible simulcast and there are many dead spots.

So are Little Falls, Verona, Montclair, Fairfield, Essex Fells all having issues? Basically every town surrounding Cedar Grove is on NJICS. Essex County is tough because of all the hilly terrain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.