TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I see python on the capture in the recording tab. I have the scanner on the local weather frequency and I see activity on the audio meter on the input tab, but nothing on the recording tab.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I got it. The audio adapter was set to BCM, once I changed it to Audio Adapter Analog Mono it started to show on the TTD box

nated1992

Good evening! I've installed Tone Editor and Two Tone Detect v70 on an XP machine. Configuration is set up to the point where I'm able to send email to texts. I'm running into two issues.

1. When I send Admin E-Mail to tests settings (sending to an AT&T phone) it will send the text, but will not send the mp3 file. Is there an issue with the AT&T capturing and sending the mp3 file?

2. When sending test pages via a handheld radio, the tone frequencies are off on in the "Tone Frequency:" section. It should read 443.7 and 368.5, but all I'm getting is 440/376 - so it's not creating an mp3 file. I've tried two separate handheld from different manufacturers to send the tones, but get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!

If your sound card is starting to have issues or there is some sort of interference with the signal it can distort the tones, A simple cheap fix is a usb sound card, However as suggested by DC31 you can also adjust the tolerance or tones them selves... However if it is a sound card or signal issue the problem may continue to worsen or improve.

mctrustry

New User question

We've recently started to use TwoTone. Setup has been straightforward and everything seems to be working well.

Here's the hiccup. We have Motorola CP200d and TYT MD380 handsets. We've been trying to connect the audio output to a laptop mic input with a 3.5mm connector and adaptor. The squelch is now set so that there is no audio trigger showing on the GUI.

With the CP200d the software doesn't seem to pick up the tone. With the MD380 the audio will pick up, if the handset is actually being held, but not so much when it sits on the desktop. Any advice on setup or better ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You would be far far better off using a mobile radio (where you can pipe audio right from an accessory connector) or even an SDR dongle.

I'm using an old Motorola MaxTrac for my setup and it works great. Just grab the RX audio from the accessory connector (then you don't have to worry about fiddling with volume controls etc) and away you go.

On any radio where you are basically using a headphone/ear piece jack the main problem is that lots of filtering takes place before the audio reaches that point. You could also have some voltage bias in play between the mic port and the audio jack.

jhsands

Feed Provider
We've recently started to use TwoTone. Setup has been straightforward and everything seems to be working well.

Here's the hiccup. We have Motorola CP200d and TYT MD380 handsets. We've been trying to connect the audio output to a laptop mic input with a 3.5mm connector and adaptor. The squelch is now set so that there is no audio trigger showing on the GUI.

With the CP200d the software doesn't seem to pick up the tone. With the MD380 the audio will pick up, if the handset is actually being held, but not so much when it sits on the desktop. Any advice on setup or better ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Turn the RX save and preamble save off in the codeplug. That might fix your problem.

As Forts stated, get a mobile radio and save the headache. I have not been able to get rid of handheld noise caused by charging (buzzzzz) even with using inline filters and ferrite chokes, Use pin 11 for tip and pin 7 for sleeve on the mobiles with 16 pin accessory connector and also the CDM series.

FWIW I always solder the tip and ring together unless I am using two radios on the same jack.

DC31

Feed Provider

Thanks

Sometimes, less is more. I run TTD on a raspberry pi ($35) with the $5 sound card off ebay. For audio source I have found the best to be the Baofeng radios available on ebay. If you are uhf, get a BF-888S ($13), if you need other bands, get a UV5R ($35). I simply set them in their chargers and use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to the audio cable. No ground loop isolators or anything. The only improvemenyt that i have made is to replace the stock antennas with the little shorty one available on ebay for $0.99 with free shipping. Don’t attempt to scan channels regardless of your setup or you will miss dispatches. All this stuff runs day and night 365 days.

Here is a link to audio from a uv5r: http://ttd.nfshost.com/GFDlast.mp3

Here is a link to audio from a BF-888S: http://ttd.nfshost.com/Northfield_Fire_2018_08_29_14_34_43.mp3

Your mileage may vary with these radios, but this has been my experience.

DC31

Feed Provider

mctrustry

Thanks for help

Chief and I will play around with this, especially with a mobile radio. Thanks for all the help.
McT

nawfire

Hi All,

I've been running V65 "forever" but decided to try V70 on my brand new PI-3 B+ using raspbian stretch since the new PI wont run MATE...(sigh)

I have two problems, I'm looking for help from the more experienced guys/gals out there...

Problem 1
Followed the updated instructions to install V70 on a clean Raspbian Stretch install. I used an autostart entry to get pavucontrol to load automatically but for the life of me I can't get TTD or TONESEDITOR to autostart at login. I tried rc.local, autostart etc but no luck. Double clicking the files starts them ok so thery are executable.

Problem 2
I can doubleclick on the desktop entry I created or on the actual files whether I put them in the TTD folder or right no the desktop and TTD and TONESEDITOR open just fine.
If I try try running either one form terminal I get an error "non-ascii character in line 2 but no encoding declared"

I suspect problem 2 might be the cause of problem 1.

Any Ideas?

ETrubilla

Feed Provider
Just checking with the group if anyone has made a dynamic web page that will watch an FTP server and list out the audio files so that they can be accessed through a web interface? I have two sites that run this software and would love to have a central and viewable area for crew members to access. Thanks in advance!

DC31

Feed Provider
Just checking with the group if anyone has made a dynamic web page that will watch an FTP server and list out the audio files so that they can be accessed through a web interface? I have two sites that run this software and would love to have a central and viewable area for crew members to access. Thanks in advance!

Like this?

https://www.gotyour6communications.org/TTDAlerts/filelist.php

That page belongs to https://forums.radioreference.com/members/nick223.html

ScanYak

Feed Provider

Or use Twitter...

https://twitter.com/yakimafirecalls