NEW USER PRO-137 Skimpy Manual-How To Questions Not Addressed by Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbar

Seeking help using the Pro-137 scanner. I got the scanner for my boyfriend, but I’m the one figuring out how to use it. I am not a radio enthusiast and know little to nothing about them. Scanner was bought to use at Riverhead Raceway on Long Island just to hear the drivers. I figured out squelch and some of the basic functions of the scanner, but besides clicking search and scan, I’m out of my element. The drivers seem to guard their frequencies so you can either ask them or just sit and scan. The latter has been successful.

Over the past 4 weeks, I have figured out how to do a manual scan (fine tune, rotate knob one click at a time). Or I search the car band and then stop and listen. I seem to find the local weather A LOT.

I figured out how to save frequencies (EPGM) and I know I can go back at a later time and edit the tags (or buy cable and software). Bank 9 (empty) is the one I’v been saving to.

What the very skimpy manual (and no tech support or knowledgeable employee from RS) could not help me with is the following:

1. How do I get the scanner to search ALL the pre-programmed car frequencies? I think the drivers mainly use the same NASCAR freq’s. The scanner only seems to search Band 0-1.

2. Once I create a bank of frequencies, how do I recall them? I keep finding them, but can’t recall the saved freq’s once saved. Very frustrating to keep doing during a race as I now have to make a mental note and re-find the freq to listen. Officials seem to use 2 or 3 freq's and again. once saved, how do I flip between them?

In the mean time, I found references to the Uniden BR330T manual which I downloaded and will review. Right off the bat, it defines things for me! If anyone has a better reference, please let me know.

Sorry to be a newbie asking silly questions, but you guys are my best shot at figuring this thing out! If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

-d

Status
Not open for further replies.