New WinXX versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

recon20

Control pad suggestion for Win500

When I listen to my base scanner, most times i use win500 to monitor and control it.

I like the "l.e.d. in it's own window feature", but it would be great if the controls were there too, in a resize-able window, then I could keep it on the screen while other windows are open and easily access the scanner controls without having to switch windows.

Maybe you could consider this enhancement. I think it would be well received.

kd7ckq

I would like to see a 'Print' function for some of the items like Extended Settings, Weather Settings, Conv Objects, Scan Lists Alpha Tags and etc. you get the idea. Other than that Win500 is very nice package.

w2xq

Mentor
Help, please, with v 2.04 importing of national frequencies? When I pick the United States I only see a list of states in the second drop-down menu? For example, I was looking for the narrowband AAR frequencies which I did find in the RR databases. What am I doing wrong? (Same for importing trunked. ..) Thanks.

Highpockets

Help, please, with v 2.04 importing of national frequencies? When I pick the United States I only see a list of states in the second drop-down menu? For example, I was looking for the narrowband AAR frequencies which I did find in the RR databases. What am I doing wrong? (Same for importing trunked. ..) Thanks.

Nationwide should be listed in the states menu (conventional web import). I haven't looked for it in the trunked web import.

Last edited:

DonS

Yes, "Nationwide" appears in the list of states for conventional imports.

The RRDB doesn't expose any "nationwide trunked systems" - just a list of agencies for a country (and "agencies", by RRDB definition, are "conventional").

w2xq

Mentor
Ah, thanks. My glasses need cleaning or I need to change the font size. I wasn't expecting alphabetical, but the entry atop the list... :-(

Thanks to you both for the prompt reply.

DonS

Win96, Win97, and Win500 were updated this morning.

Apparently, part of RR's web service version 9 change involved moving the contents of P25 sites' "zoneNumber" fields over to a new "rfss" field. The WinXX apps used the zoneNumber field when presenting lists of sites. Now, the apps will use the new "rfss" field for sites in P25 systems.

EDIT: It wasn't just a version 9 change... "zoneNumber" fields that used to be non-zero are now empty when using version 8 of the web service.

Last edited:

DonS

Am I correct to assume that this change ONLY affects the IMPORT function of these programs and nothing else? Thanks.

That's correct. The change affects ONLY trunked system import from RR for P25 systems - and even then, it only affects the handling of "site number" text where the new "rfss" field is non-zero.

gman65

Premium Subscriber
USA vs. Canada Band Plan Switch in Win 500

Is there a switch in win 500 for the USA band plan? I have not found anything in win 500 for this and mine switches back to Canada everytine I load a v-folder.

I also couldn't find anything in the forums.

Thanks in advance.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is there a switch in win 500 for the USA band plan? I have not found anything in win 500 for this and mine switches back to Canada everytine I load a v-folder.

I also couldn't find anything in the forums.

Thanks in advance.

On the Extended Settings tab, upper right corner, it's the Allow 5 kHz steps 138-174 MHz option. Unchecked = USA bandplan, checked = Canadian bandplan

rwier

Premium Subscriber
Win96, Win97, and Win500 were updated this morning.

Updated smooth with no problems and it carried/transferred my RegKey automatically!

Thanks Don
Robin

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
What are some of the things that can be done with a PC private call or I-call group?

I have saved a few to and use them to alarm me when certain units xmit.
If I save and lockout other PC units, will that filter them out, so I can hear just the PC units I want?
If I wanted to just follow one saved PC unit, how would I do that?

w2xq

Mentor
When I listen to my base scanner, most times i use win500 to monitor and control it.

I like the "l.e.d. in it's own window feature", but it would be great if the controls were there too, in a resize-able window, then I could keep it on the screen while other windows are open and easily access the scanner controls without having to switch windows.

Maybe you could consider this enhancement. I think it would be well received.

I do this too. To watch the separate window, I finally remembered the Magnifier within Windows Accessories. Works great, especially when I am across the room. Don't even need my glasses.

djbrane

unable to view TGRP Objects headers

I purchased a Dell XPS17 and loaded Win500 on it. It appears slightly different than on my other computer. Everything is pretty much OK, other than the headers that show what each column is in the TGRP Objects section are not there. I can see the TSYS Objects headers just fine. It seems to be some setting with my display, but changing resolution or any other setting has not had any effect on it.

Suggestions?

kmh603

GRE 600 does not stop on Priority?

Don: I have in Caps PRI listed in the display and no "G's" showing in the window display too but I rarely get my scanner stopping priority? Sometimes it stops on priority but not all the time. My rpiority channel has all 5 bars on the signal strength so it is not too weak? I interupted Talkgroups for priority scan and that still does not work? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.