New WinXX versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Also Dave, after import of both sites and talkgroups you may wish to set scanlist by agency. Thus click on the first EDACS bar then highlight agency you wish to change the scanlist for.

Use normal windows controls to select all groups of target agency (highlighting all of them) then reset scanlist on right side of main TSYS screen. Change other agencies using same method. Then do same with site 2 system. This will place all PD groupsfrom both sites in the same list and FD in another etc.

dwgelle

Activity Log

In my activity log I will get the ARID radio ID number but not all the time, other lines show other numbers I can not figure what they may coincide with. I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• scandata.jpg
    scandata.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 911

WA8MHY

Premium Subscriber
Hey Frank,

Thank you for the assistance, knowing the "why" helps in understanding the correct way to do things.

Why the two EDACS Tsys's,

Is this a limitation or perhaps 2-towers ? So far all of the hits have been on the System1.

Thanks Again!

Dave

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hey Frank,
Why the two EDACS Tsys's,

Is this a limitation or perhaps 2-towers ? So far all of the hits have been on the System1.

Thanks Again!

Dave
Two EDACS systems is to:
1. insure coverage on a large area which ma include obstructions.
2. Redundant in event a tower goes down.

#2 is used in a system in my area but it recently changed to P25 trunking and by golly, they're still running both dispatchers and using all frequencies from the first site. The second site is still EDACS Standard for city service, PW etc. Schools, FD and PD shifted to P25 system and are working flawlessly.

Could be your second system tower is too far away

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
In my activity log I will get the ARID radio ID number but not all the time, other lines show other numbers I can not figure what they may coincide with. I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks,
Dan
You've checked "Auto-create new Talkgroups from RID's". It's stored as Private Wildcard. Had you also checked Auto-create new TGRP's from Wildcard hits a talkgroup would have appeared also with the ARID entry in your image E.g. ARID: 624142 (used twice) would have a TG also. If you write down the users Unit # when ARID appears and write this RID # next to unit number. Stop Remote, go to TGRP section of the TSYS, then Alpha Tag (replace) ARID: 624142 with the Unit number. E.g. Police Unit 201. Keep this as Private under Group column. Save and send to scanner.

Then the next time Police Unit 201 initiates a call on any TG his ID will be on bottom line of display instead of ARID: #. BTW, should another RID initiate the call and he hesitates in reply, when he does finally key up--his unit number will appear.

Keep in mind, this cop has two radios, HH and car. So you may hear him with another ARID: #. Thus you may need Police Unit 201A/201B.

See image:
Top is after alpha tagging bottom ARID: 106. This screenshot was using two scanners, the top with tag the bottom without and taken simultaneously.

Attachments

• 197x2.png
    197x2.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 876

dwgelle

Thanks for the help, I am still wondering what the other numbers are that show up that are not RID's? Are they part of the programs block/object numbers?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Appears to be ARMER talkgroups

1033 is likely Public Works Anoka County
371 MN Pollution Control
15 Statewide Interop

djbrane

V Folder error message

When I attempt to use Virtual Scanner, I am getting an error message about a driver.
I tried _Com and am getting a Comport 9 not being available error.
I've never had an issue before but now am dead in the water.

Any assistance?

Last edited:

djbrane

No one has responded about the error message I am getting. Not only am I having trouble with V Folder, I am also having issues with the VCP driver. I downloaded and find no "setup executable" file to open. Everything I open is a "File Scan" virus software.
Without the driver, when I attempt to use 500_Com, I get an error from the scanner saying the scanner is not responding When I attempt to use the regular file I get the VCP Driver error.

UPDATE - I went back to the website and read again. Found the "setup executable" link in the "comments" column in the next to last release. I then ran it. Closed WIN500, reopened it, tried to upload to scanner and am still getting the driver error.

Last edited:

djbrane

Don S

Don, can you please (or anyone for that matter) take a look at my issues? I cannot seem to rectify them and am dead in the water in programming my 600. I have researched the forums and done everything everyone has talked about but am still getting the errors.

Very frustrating

DonS

No one has responded about the error message I am getting. Not only am I having trouble with V Folder, I am also having issues with the VCP driver. I downloaded and find no "setup executable" file to open. Everything I open is a "File Scan" virus software.
Without the driver, when I attempt to use 500_Com, I get an error from the scanner saying the scanner is not responding When I attempt to use the regular file I get the VCP Driver error.

UPDATE - I went back to the website and read again. Found the "setup executable" link in the "comments" column in the next to last release. I then ran it. Closed WIN500, reopened it, tried to upload to scanner and am still getting the driver error.

I am running that same driver: Version 2.08.02 from FTDI; I installed the "setup executable" via the link in the Comments column.

I run this version on Windows XP Professional SP3, Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit), and Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit).

When I launch Win500.EXE, it is able to communicate with the cable with no problems. Under "Configuration -> Programming cables...", I see one cable listed: serial number "GRE-0412". I can upload to the scanner, download from the scanner, and use the Monitor/Control function.

In Device Manager, the cable is assigned to COM8. In Win500_COM.EXE, I select COM8 via "Configuration -> Serial Port...". I can upload to the scanner, download from the scanner, and use the Monitor/Control function.

Something for you to check:
  1. Plug the cable into a USB port and make sure Win500 (either executable) is not running.
  2. Open Device Manager and, under "Ports (COM & LPT)", look for a "USB Serial Port (COMxx)". Double-click that entry and, on the "Driver" tab, make sure the driver version is.2.8.2.0 (the version from the "setup executable" you installed above).
  3. Note the COMxx port number in #2 above.
  4. Run Win500_COM.EXE and look in "Configuration -> Serial Port...". Select the COMxx port noted in step #3. Does it indicate "(already open)"???
If, in step #4 above, Win500 indicates that the COMxx port is "already open", then some running program on your system has opened that COM port. You need to find out what it is and close it. On Windows, only one process at a time can open a hardware resource like a "COM port".

djbrane

I am running that same driver: Version 2.08.02 from FTDI; I installed the "setup executable" via the link in the Comments column.

I run this version on Windows XP Professional SP3, Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit), and Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit).

When I launch Win500.EXE, it is able to communicate with the cable with no problems. Under "Configuration -> Programming cables...", I see one cable listed: serial number "GRE-0412". I can upload to the scanner, download from the scanner, and use the Monitor/Control function.

In Device Manager, the cable is assigned to COM8. In Win500_COM.EXE, I select COM8 via "Configuration -> Serial Port...". I can upload to the scanner, download from the scanner, and use the Monitor/Control function.

Something for you to check:
  1. Plug the cable into a USB port and make sure Win500 (either executable) is not running.
  2. Open Device Manager and, under "Ports (COM & LPT)", look for a "USB Serial Port (COMxx)". Double-click that entry and, on the "Driver" tab, make sure the driver version is.2.8.2.0 (the version from the "setup executable" you installed above).
  3. Note the COMxx port number in #2 above.
  4. Run Win500_COM.EXE and look in "Configuration -> Serial Port...". Select the COMxx port noted in step #3. Does it indicate "(already open)"???
If, in step #4 above, Win500 indicates that the COMxx port is "already open", then some running program on your system has opened that COM port. You need to find out what it is and close it. On Windows, only one process at a time can open a hardware resource like a "COM port".

Don,
You are the greatest! I finally got it going. Evidently the driver did not install. Reinstalled, went back through and checked everything you had me check and it is now working.

Thank you for the help

Highpockets

I just upgraded Win500 to 2.01 (latest version) on my laptop running Windows XP, and I use Norton Security Suite, when I run the program, SONAR deletes the Win500.EXE file because of a security threat, but, if I scan the file it says it's OK. Can anyone help here, I'm afraid to upgrade on my desktop now. :confused: My desktop has Windows XP running Norton also.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hey Vet,

I too use Norton on a laptop with XP. It gives me an argument for upgrades but clicking OK it goes through. My desktop Win7 does the same thing.

Click on Settings in Norton>Firewall>Program Rules>Add then navigate to location of Win500 and select Win500.exe

Highpockets

Hey Vet,

I too use Norton on a laptop with XP. It gives me an argument for upgrades but clicking OK it goes through. My desktop Win7 does the same thing.

Click on Settings in Norton>Firewall>Program Rules>Add then navigate to location of Win500 and select Win500.exe

To another Vet,

Thanks, that did it, but, that never happened before, although it works now, I'd like to know why all of a sudden that started to happen on an upgrade. :confused:

Thanks Frank! :D

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
To another Vet,

Thanks, that did it, but, that never happened before, although it works now, I'd like to know why all of a sudden that started to happen on an upgrade. :confused:

Thanks Frank! :D
Likely due to constant update of dat files in the background.;)
Guess Norton decided Don's program is a dastardly culprit.:p

wrhenker

Anyone know why my monitor/control window goes blank on Win500? I recently upgraded the firmware on my PSR310. The radio does communicate with the program and the PC recognizes the radio, but no numbers on the display show on the "virtual window", just the LED colors show... All other programming functions work fine, even downloads and uploads...

Status
Not open for further replies.