New WinXX versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
bobf9f5 The last new upgrade 1.74 does it cover all the updates like 1.33, I am just getting back to scanning I would like some thoughts , like using the shortcut on my pro96 would that also install the new banding ? freqs and the plan 25 systems, tnx

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Detection of End Codes

Montgomery County Maryland is in the process of rebanding, and several of us have encountered the problem that, after the end of a transmission, the repeater hangs open. So the scanner stays on the talk group of the previous transmission, and the next transmission that grabs that RF frequency is rendered by the scanner, but still showing the talk group of the previous transmission. The worst case is when camped on a desired talkgroup, there will be a transmission intended for that TG but then followed by transmissions for random TGs. The repeater hangs open for 30 to 60 seconds.

On the Metro Washington Scanner reflector, one person reported this:

I am not having the problem of "hanging" channels on my 396T, however the HP-1 is really crappy when it comes to the hanging channels. I can hear a call on 7A, it will hang open and I can hear a public works unit and dispatcher talking, then a police call, all the while it is still TG 7A that is open! The HP-1 wont tell me which frequncy it is listening to, like the 396T does.

I have the end code and digital end code selections "on" in the 396, so when it hears one, it resumes scanning. The HP-1 does not have that capability to select or deselect end codes.

Does Win500 have the capability to process the end codes for my Pro-197?

j73vette

Premium Subscriber
Printing Object Id's

Hi all, I am new to pro 106 and Win500,How or can I print out the object id's in scan list? Thanks, John

Highpockets

Would someone please try to connect to DonS site and see if you can connect, I've tried a few times for the last couple of hours. I just want to see if I have a problem or his site is down.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Would someone please try to connect to DonS site and see if you can connect, I've tried a few times for the last couple of hours. I just want to see if I have a problem or his site is down.
Steve,

I was able to get on it several hours ago (probably 3-4 hours or so), but right now, I'm also getting errors, 'problem loading page, connection was reset'.

No problems currently with other websites that I've been on at various times this afternoon.

Highpockets

Steve,

I was able to get on it several hours ago (probably 3-4 hours or so), but right now, I'm also getting errors, 'problem loading page, connection was reset'.

No problems currently with other websites that I've been on at various times this afternoon.

Thanks, I see Don posted earlier today, maybe he's working on something or it's just down and he don't know it. He hasn't been posting as much as he used to, strange.

Rodmanb294

Premium Subscriber
Help Please?

I was running Win97 for programming my Pro-97 on a Sony Pc with Vista quite sometime ago.. Moving over to an IMAC27 with Vista under Parralells with Vista and want to run win97 again with same scanner... Does anyone have any experience with this? I use the radio shack transfar cable and still have the radio shack driver disk... Can copy the Win97 software off my old pc....

TJK50010

Feed Provider
I bought Win97 many many years ago. I just recently tried to program my scanner with the software and it keeps bugging me about not being registered. I entered everything from the receipt (2008) and it still bugs me and keeps going back into 15 day trial mode. Any ideas for me? I can give you all my details if you can look up my order history from many years back.

tablitch

I purchased Win96 a couple of years ago at least.
A computer crash has forced me to reload many things including w96. I don't have my key, and Don won't respond to my emails. Temp key won't work.

Any idea if Don is still in business or how I can make 96 work again?

thanks

sterlingcat12001

Premium Subscriber
Win 500 difficulties

I just downloaded the win 500 program, first time user of it, can anyone tell me what this error means? I have a GRE PSR-600, just got it today. I like the win 96, not difficult to figure out. How many frequencies can you put in one bank, is it telling me I selected too many?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 257

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You can put 32 in, which should be in the error message. You selected over 200. That is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.