Newbie D/L U/L question

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterdk

I have a PSR 500. Live in PA and had ScannerMaster program Philadelphia county for me. That is working fine. So..........trying to progress on my own I go to the Montgomery county section of the RR database. I'm using ARC 500 software. I log in, select my state and county, select the trunking systems and upload all the data to my scanner. The upload appears to have gone perfectly, no errors. Now, the big question..........I don't know how to find the data that I just uploaded to my scanner and how to tell the scanner to scan Montgomery county trunked systems. I am trying to learn so please help. I tried reading the ARC 500 Manual but the detail just wasn't there. Thanks for any help. ~Don

captclint

Mentor
I have a PSR 500. I'm using ARC 500 software. I log in, select my state and county, select the trunking systems and upload all the data to my scanner. The upload appears to have gone perfectly, no errors.
Just to be clear, all you have done is down loaded the info on RR into ARC500, not your scanner. The system(s) should appear on the left plane of ARC500 and it should show a folder with some Talk Groups under it.

Next, you need to click on the PRS500 menu and select "Send Data" This will bring up a new box with your System(s) Stored in the PRS500, and on the bottom, a list of all the systems in your software. Just click the "send all systems, AND "Overwrite systems with the same name." Then click on the "send selected systems, and it will load into the scanner.
Now, the big question..........I don't know how to find the data that I just uploaded to my scanner and how to tell the scanner to scan Montgomery county trunked systems.
Your scanner will automatically scan all systems loaded before, and any you have just downloaded. Finding them is a little more involved, and would probably need some discussion about quick keys.

While you are at it, it would be good idea to READ data from your scanner. Follow the steps above, except select READ Data, and it should show you everything in the scanner. This time select only those systems that are NOT in your software that were programmed by Scanmaster. That way, you can always reload them if they should get deleted, messed up, or you need to add some new things to the data they programmed. Then select Quick save all systems, and you will have them saved on your HD in your software. Also, There is a thing called Profile. Click on File, Profile Creator. It should show you all the systems. Click on Import all and then save profile. That way, they will always load back into your software

Last edited:

misterdk

I don't see the PSR 500 menu that you mention. Where is that? I see a "scanner" menu at the top of the ARC page but when I click on that menu and select "upload to scanner" I get the upload window which when I run it, the progress bar moves slowly to the right until the end and then that box closes, with no messages of any kind.
On the left side of the ARC window, in the Object Browser I see my tree and under Talkgroups there are 5 that I downloaded in the list. Under Conventional there are 216 items and under Talkgroups there are 148. Do I need to upload those 3 groups separately into the scanner?
So, it's this paragraph that you wrote:
"Next, you need to click on the PRS500 menu and select "Send Data" This will bring up a new box with your System(s) Stored in the PRS500, and on the bottom, a list of all the systems in your software. Just click the "send all systems, AND "Overwrite systems with the same name." Then click on the "send selected systems, and it will load into the scanner."
That I'm having trouble with. Thanks again for helping.

captclint

Mentor
I have another ARC program, and they are all very similar, but Scanner is the correct choice. I just downloaded a trial copy to see how they differ. From what I can see, whe you select download, it automatically sends everything down, so you should be good to go. I can see there are enough differences that I shouldn't try to advise you about uploading. I can't verify, since I don't have a GRE scanner, but I think the Upload menu should show you all the systems in the scanner. If you need more help, go to the software forum and show ARC500 help as the title. The ARC500 manual should be of more help to you since you now have a general idea of what is going on. Read that first before you ask for more help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.