Newbie needs assistance with scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurdled-1

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am new to the site and have interest in getting a scanner to listen to local Fire and Police communications. Does anyone have a recommendation on somewhere I can purchase a quality scanner and have it preprogrammed to the local channels in my area. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Frank

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
To answer your question we need to know where you so we can see what your needs are P25 Phase 1, P25 Phase 2, MDR, NXDN. That way we can tell you what scanner or scanners will work for your needs.

K1IWN

Hello, I am new to the site and have interest in getting a scanner to listen to local Fire and Police communications. Does anyone have a recommendation on somewhere I can purchase a quality scanner and have it preprogrammed to the local channels in my area. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Frank

Hi Frank!

If it was only this simple! :)

It may be wise for you to do some research to find out what radio you will need for your area. To get what you need, you should find out what your options for a radio are http://www.policescanner411.com/shop/select/

ScannerMaster can preprogram a radio for you. Many folks have had great luck with their service from what I have read here over the years. Higher end, newer model radios can be programmed by you just by entering a zip code, which will save you money.

The technology continues to evolve... keep in mind the newer, higher end radios are likely to have a longer lifespan than a cheaper, lower end model.

My humble advice is to take a bit of time here to read and educate yourself on which radio to buy for your region in order to get the most out of it.

Nurdled-1

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike....thanks for the info. It was very helpful. I ended up getting the
Uniden BCD996P2 and am excited for it to be delivered. Frank

K1IWN

Hi Mike....thanks for the info. It was very helpful. I ended up getting the
Uniden BCD996P2 and am excited for it to be delivered. Frank

Excellent! I am not familiar with that model but many around here are in case you need assistance.

Enjoy it, Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.