NJSP poor signals in Belmar

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassidy1190

I live in Belmar, NJ and i can no longer hear the NJSP troop C TRS. The signal became really weak a while ago and still isn’t coming in clear. I went out and bought an 800MHz antenna, which barley improved the signal. I then tried a pre-amp with the antenna which totally kills the signal period.

My questions are:
Is anyone else in my area having this same problem?
Is there any news of a repeater going up anywhere around here?
And finally, why does my pre-amp make my signal even worse than it is?

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Njsp

I live in New Hope Pa. and listen to troop C with a yagi and a amp and I only get 3 bars. Their signal is quite poor.

DJ88

You simply may be in a dead or bad spot for reception. Reception of 800 MHz signals is very tricky. Besides location, I think weather/atmospheric conditions have a lot to do with it also. I believe the closest towers to you are in Holmdel and Toms River. I live in the extreme northeast section of Brick and all of my scanners, including the one which is hooked up to an outside discone antenna, sometimes I get them real strong and clear and other times very weak and scratchy.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Cassidy and all,

I'm puzzled why I have the same problem, they are just about the same strength as the NJT system atop 1 Gateway Plaza in Newark. The towers are at Telegraph Hill in Holmdel and the service yard in Dover Twp. just west of Toms River near the Parkway toll plaza. Ocean County uses the same tower and they're full scale DFQ as expected since it's not far from here.

I'm using an Andrew 3dB gain 800MHz antenna at about 30' HAAT 80' AMSL with about 20' of RG-6U quad so it's not the antenna system and there are no obstructions between me and either tower, strange indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.