NJSP Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
What is the best way to program the NJSP into my PSR 500? I do alot of traveling in the South and central parts of the state. Should I be programing each (A,B,&C) seperatley in its own scan list or all together? Also how should I set the Multi site? Thank you.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
What is the best way to program the NJSP into my PSR 500? I do alot of traveling in the South and central parts of the state. Should I be programing each (A,B,&C) seperatley in its own scan list or all together? Also how should I set the Multi site? Thank you.

I live in Ct. and receive just the North Zone from here. However, when I drive down to Atlantic City every 2 or 3 months, I have the 3 zones programmed as separate groups so as I make my way down, I lockout the 2 groups that are not in the vicinity where I am at that time so I only get the stronger one. I imagine the radio might do this bu picking the strongest control channel like Motorola radios do, but I would rather control the radio myself.
Bob

W2SJW

Database Admin
A 500 is best programmed for the NJSP by putting all the control channels for all 3 troops in at once, and then set the unit to Multi-Site 'Roam' mode.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the two replies! Any other opinion's? I ask for more due to the horrible monitoring I encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.