No audio to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
What operating system are you running? Assuming Windows 10, right-click the speaker icon on the bottom-right next to the clock and choose "Sounds" Click the "Recording" tab, look for "Microphone" (or similar) right-click to bring up the context menu and left-click choosing "Set as Default Device". If you see the green sound bar light up this means sound is coming through to the OS.

In addition, if you want to monitor the scanner through your speakers, you'll need to click "Properties" and the "Listen" tab. You'll want to make sure the box is checked by "Listen to this Device". Click the "Levels" tab and make sure the slider is adjusted to an adequate level (usually advisable not to adjust this much past the middle position to prevent audio overloading) Hope this helps

Last edited:

mjbjr

Ok so i unhooked everything and just moved it all to my desk instead of the bedroom. I have audio now,but it has a lot of static sound to it

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Listen to the scanner with out it being plugged in. Is the static a result of you moving the scanner and signal has been weaker? Or are you saying the static is coming form being connected to your computer?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Is it static or over modulated?
Headphone jack on scanner is amplified audio. If you have scanner turned up, and your microphone input turned up on the computer it will sound terrible.

mjbjr

Is it static or over modulated?
Headphone jack on scanner is amplified audio. If you have scanner turned up, and your microphone input turned up on the computer it will sound terrible.
I dont know the difference honestly. But i just turned the volume down on the computer and that seems to have fixed it. i will listen a bit longer and see.

Lghtning4u

Premium Subscriber
What operating system are you running? Assuming Windows 10, right-click the speaker icon on the bottom-right next to the clock and choose "Sounds" Click the "Recording" tab, look for "Microphone" (or similar) right-click to bring up the context menu and left-click choosing "Set as Default Device". If you see the green sound bar light up this means sound is coming through to the OS.
View attachment 80995View attachment 80996

In addition, if you want to monitor the scanner through your speakers, you'll need to click "Properties" and the "Listen" tab. You'll want to make sure the box is checked by "Listen to this Device". Click the "Levels" tab and make sure the slider is adjusted to an adequate level (usually advisable not to adjust this much past the middle position to prevent audio overloading) Hope this helps

View attachment 81001

Hello Chief
I'm trying to listen to my scanner locally through my computer speakers while broadcasting using a cable from the scanner to the microphone input jack on Win 10.

I followed your instructions here to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.