No More MSP Bubble?????/

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Feed Provider
Joined
Feb 3, 2001
Messages
11,380
Location
Lansing, MI
This just in - a reminder that this post is a joke. The bubble is not leaving.
 

Fiveo

Member
Joined
May 2, 2005
Messages
41
Right, just like I said on the first page...MSP studied this issued and determined that the bubble provides sufficient warning to oncoming traffic. BTW all new MSP cars are equipped with LED deck lights in the rear. Little would be gained by placing them in front/mirrors as most patol car crashes are side-swipes/rear enders from same direction traffic.
 
N

N_Jay

Guest
I am absolutely amazed that so many people give a **** what kind of light MSP uses.:roll: :roll: :roll:
 

Jimmy252

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
563
Location
Oakland County, MI
rcvmo said:
"SAVE THE BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!"
"SAVE THE BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!"
"SAVE THE BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!"
"SAVE THE BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!"
"SAVE THE BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!"
get the hint?
rcvmo


I AGREE!!!!! The bubble light is unique to the state, i think it should stay. I have grown to love it.
 

Dubbin

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
4,479
Location
Findlay Ohio
They need to get rid of that stupid bubble and the sign on the hood. While their at it they need to find a better looking paint scheme.
 

iMONITOR

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
8,678
Perhaps a light-bar on the bottom of the vehicle should be considered? :roll:
 
Last edited:

Jimmy252

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
563
Location
Oakland County, MI
Dubbin said:
They need to get rid of that stupid bubble and the sign on the hood. While their at it they need to find a better looking paint scheme.
I do agree that the stupid sign on the hood should go. Whats its purpose???? ive never seen them use it.
 

Dubbin

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
4,479
Location
Findlay Ohio
What the hell is the purpose of that sign anyway? The whole time I lived up there I never once seen it in use and always thought it looked silly.
 

SEMTTP

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
1,024
Location
Ypsilanti Michigan
Jimmy252 said:
I do agree that the stupid sign on the hood should go. Whats its purpose???? ive never seen them use it.
Obviously both of you need to go read up on the TRADITIONS of the Michigan State Police. 3 things have been the same since its existance:

1) The bubble light-I am not sure where the info came from but I dont see them ever going to anything else unless UNITY decides not to make it anymore

2) The blue paint scheme is not going anywhere either.

3) The sign on the hood is a tradition, and it will not go anywhere either. If you go back and read up on the history, you will know why it was there and what it was used for, it is left on there because of their tradition.
 

Dubbin

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
4,479
Location
Findlay Ohio
SEMTTP said:
Obviously both of you need to go read up on the TRADITIONS of the Michigan State Police. 3 things have been the same since its existance:

1) The bubble light-I am not sure where the info came from but I dont see them ever going to anything else unless UNITY decides not to make it anymore

2) The blue paint scheme is not going anywhere either.

3) The sign on the hood is a tradition, and it will not go anywhere either. If you go back and read up on the history, you will know why it was there and what it was used for, it is left on there because of their tradition.
Its a freaking police car, who really cares about traditions when it comes to safety... Why don't you tell us the story on the sign?
 

gg750

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
348
Location
Traverse City, MI
Dubbin said:
Why don't you tell us the story on the sign?
There are at least 3 threads on here (that I know of) that contain information as to what the sign is all about. A quick search will tell you everthing about the sign...why they have it, how they use it, etc. You can also try this website that bigbluemsp has up.

http://www.geocities.com/my9c1page/msphistory

Dubbin said:
Its a freaking police car, who really cares about traditions when it comes to safety...
The MSP care about their tradations, as well as *most* Michigan residents...thats who.

G
 
Last edited:
N

N_Jay

Guest
gg750 said:
The MSP care about their tradations, as well as *most* Michigan residents...thats who.

G
I bet the residents don't care.
 

gg750

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
348
Location
Traverse City, MI
N_Jay said:
I bet the residents don't care.
I think that if one randomly sampled people and asked if they'd rather see the MSP abandon all their traditions and change their paint scheme and light configuration to look like every other police car in the U.S., or keep it the way it is, I'm sure most people would prefer to keep it as is. The blue paint, bubble light and hood sign distinguish their cars from ever other cop car on the road and give Michigan a uniqueness among a mass of the same thing. True, most people probably don't give such matters a second thought, but faced with the question and the possibility of having another group of plain white cars out there, I'll bet there'd be a majority of "I like it the way it is" responses.

G
 
N

N_Jay

Guest
gg750 said:
I think that if one randomly sampled people and asked if they'd rather see the MSP abandon all their traditions and change their paint scheme and light configuration to look like every other police car in the U.S., or keep it the way it is, I'm sure most people would prefer to keep it as is. The blue paint, bubble light and hood sign distinguish their cars from ever other cop car on the road and give Michigan a uniqueness among a mass of the same thing. True, most people probably don't give such matters a second thought, but faced with the question and the possibility of having another group of plain white cars out there, I'll bet there'd be a majority of "I like it the way it is" responses.

G
What a great example of getting the answer you want by the way you ask the question.

What about the question; "Do you think MSP should buy custom equipment for the sole purpose of maintaining traditions, or adopt the standards that are used across the country?"

Now what is the answer from your randomly sampled people?
 

gg750

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
348
Location
Traverse City, MI
N_Jay said:
What a great example of getting the answer you want by the way you ask the question.

What about the question; "Do you think MSP should buy custom equipment for the sole purpose of maintaining traditions, or adopt the standards that are used across the country?"

Now what is the answer from your randomly sampled people?
Ok, this is getting to confrontational. Have fun with this thread all, I'm outta here.
 
N

N_Jay

Guest
gg750 said:
Ok, this is getting to confrontational. Have fun with this thread all, I'm outta here.

Not trying to be confrontational.

Just pointing out how surveys work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top