Northern Virginia Incidents

Hbright

Must've missed a pursuit earlier. VSP now heading to a Franconia location for someone likely falsely reporting a carjacking.

Now sounds like the owner crashed and ran away on foot, but is blaming it on a carjacker.
It wasn't a pursuit but rather a single vehicle crash. The driver was confirmed to be the person who falsely claimed carjacking, but he was cut loose.

Now an unrelated pursuit of a Dodge Durango, heading east on the Beltway from Eisenhower.
Terminated at the bridge as usual. Asked to notify PG Co and not to bother notifying MSP. I guess MSP is worthless since this seems to be a nightly occurrence.
1784 was pissed that MSP didn't get involved in the earlier pursuit of the carjacked vehicle where the driver turned out to be a homicide fugitive.

freqhopping

I was busy getting some ice cream and came back to the channel hold tone for VSP Fairfax 1. There was a pursuit of a Charger eastbound on I66 towards Rt29. A trooper ahead of the initial pursuing unit claims being hit by it and then a 3rd vehicle was involved in the wreck which is just prior to Rt28.

freqhopping

VSP dispatch has advised that Stafford in is a pursuit NB on I95 but hasn't yet asked for assistance.
147MM at 2328
Car stopped around the 148. Haven't approached the car yet.
The driver bailed, seemingly before a trooper ever got stopped with it.

Last edited:

freqhopping

VSP pursuits getting started early night. Currently EB 495 from 95. Reason for stop 'reckless' driving. Black 2-door Toyota. Exited at Van Dorn and out of sight.

There was a pack of sports cars heading to MD. Another unit was trying to catch up to a Lamborghini. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

freqhopping

Another pursuit, car stolen in DC that came in via 66. Looped around the Nutley Rd area then back westbound on 66.

Several units converged to try to box it in once they decided to attempt a stop, but it didn't work. Car on unit 1254 has been hit twice. Fairfax helo was requested ahead of time and is above.

Four hits to 1254, a pit-certified unit will come and take it out.

Saw them all pass on the traffic cam at Nutley.

2140- Pitted east of Nutley

freqhopping

VSP just ended a pursuit on Rt601 near the Rt50 end. Sounded low-speed by the time I tuned in. Car hadalready hit spike strips. One trooper fire one shot at it after 'something' was pointed at him. Made contact with a trooper's car twice right before it ended.

Hbright

VSP just ended a pursuit on Rt601 near the Rt50 end. Sounded low-speed by the time I tuned in. Car hadalready hit spike strips. One trooper fire one shot at it after 'something' was pointed at him. Made contact with a trooper's car twice right before it ended.
was this Div 2 or 7?

freqhopping

VSP started pursuing a motorcycle westbound on I66 west of Gainesville. It turned around in the median and went back east. It was about out of sight at Rt29 and a supervisor terminated the pursuit. Bike attempted to exit at Rt234 and crashed. Rider is currently unconscious. Rider has large laceration of midsection.
rt234.JPG

freqhopping

Further east on I66 it some apparently suicidal person threatening to jump. VSP now closing down I66 in the Rt28 area.
This incident is moving to the Fairfax 3 channel.

1434- Subject is off the bridge.
6628.JPG

Last edited:

freqhopping

VSP pursuit southbound I-81 passing the 275 MM. Comm on Culpeper 2.
Pursuing because of 92 in 55, not 90, 92 she made it sure it was known. :rolleyes:
Dummy ran over spike strips along with the fleeing car. Pursuing trooper, 1342, is stopping.
Also had to make it known not just one flat but two.

Last edited:

Hbright

VSP pursuit southbound I-81 passing the 275 MM. Comm on Culpeper 2.
Pursuing because of 92 in 55, not 90, 92 she made it sure it was known. :rolleyes:
Dummy ran over spike strips along with the fleeing car. Pursuing trooper, 1342, is stopping.
Also had to make it known not just one flat but two.
1342 had two flats?!

freqhopping

VSP pursuing a stolen car in Prince William Co, southbound on Rt1.
0838- East on River Ridge. Then River Heritage.
0842- Right on Telescope Lane dead end and bailout.
0903-Driver in custody, there was one other occupant.

Last edited:

freqhopping

In Loudoun a report of a gas leak in the Sugarland area near Seneca Ridge MS has become an explosion event. 347 Silver Ridge Dr

I've been away from listening so missed from the initial leak call until now. News helo and medevac are on scene.

Report of explosion was at 2024 while firefighters were inside.

Last edited:

freqhopping

1 DOA, officer from Truck611. :cry:

Several firefighters injured and tranported including one to the burn center. Some of these likely those that were in the basement. I think being in the basement when it exploded may have saved their lives.

Two civilians sent to hospital including a 15 year that was outside and knocked unconscious. LCSO deputy will be treated for smoke inhalation.

freqhopping

VSP in pursuit of a black Charger on westbound I66 approaching Rt29 in Gainesville.
Charger is way ahead as seen on VDOT camera. 140+mph

2113- Crashed at The Plains exit. Still going apparently.
And now not communicating. VSP is really bad at communicating what they are doing. Switched to Div2 ch, or maybe not, the channels got patched but still took awhile for something to be said.
Driver is military member. o_O

Last edited:

freqhopping

VSP pursuing a black Charger southbound on I95, passing Lorton now.

0000- approaching the scales. Fairfax now on the radio and enroute.
Exited to Rt234, VSP overshot the exit.
0002- Terminating for now.

There were a few pursuits last night. One involved two vehicles and ended with one bailout at Turkey Run Park. US Park PD brought out their helo. I didn't stay awake to see how that resulted.

Last edited: