Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
There is nothing licensed at that site for 700/800 as far as I can find. It could be for the FD and perhaps microwave for a link to the trunked system. I have noticed good reception on the Troop K simulcast while at Mohegan Sun back in January or February. If I recall, it was much improved over a year earlier.
There has been no update on the city website public safety meeting as it seems they spent the last one "discussing" a contract for a fire department study.

chris

coolrich55

Yes all the Norwich TG'S were on the E site. There are 7 Norwich TG'S listed in the CLMRN wiki. While testing one of the TG'S was mentioned as the detective channel.

Last edited:

coolrich55

20401 is coming over the K site today. I can't say for sure if it hasn't been on both K and E at all times. Norwich dispatch was asked to patch the old and new system together.

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
I went to take a look at the tower about a hour ago. One of the workers told me their using troop e frequencies. And it should go online Friday. The antenna site in Lisbon is now working.

MrAntiDigital

As of Sunday evening, May 3, Norwich Police Dispatch still operating on Low Band Channel - 39.90 mhz.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I was told it was being patched over and was heard on Troop E simulcast. Not sure if it was a temporary test or was up from now on. It was likely a patch from the console as everything was from a Norwich control station ID.

chris

MrAntiDigital

Interesting info, today (5/7) at approximately 8:30 am, the Norwich Police main dispatch channel seems to be simulcasting over it's older low band channel and the newer channel.

Both myself and member "georged4997" were on the phone this morning and while he was receiving the Norwich Police on it's new channel, I was receiving the same on their old low band channel.

APX7500X2

Interesting info, today (5/7) at approximately 8:30 am, the Norwich Police main dispatch channel seems to be simulcasting over it's older low band channel and the newer channel.

Both myself and member "georged4997" were on the phone this morning and while he was receiving the Norwich Police on it's new channel, I was receiving the same on their old low band channel.
That's Exactly how you start the process of switching over

coolrich55

Sounds like today the new system is being simulcast over the old. The distinct digital quality sound is being heard plus all mobile units on 39.90. Unless they do what Stonington has done, the end of the low band is near.

MrAntiDigital

Nothing heard on the old 39.90 Norwich Police frequency since early yesterday (5/13) morning.

Anybody hearing anything on the new 800 channel lately.

coolrich55

I can confirm, the low band is dead. I'm hearing the 800 on the K site. Although I am located well into troop E territory, near the RI border, I can only pick up the K site full power. I can't say for sure if Norwich is always on both the E and K sites.

cg

Premium Subscriber
George, that is the Troop K control channel frequency.
The affiliations are needed to steer the traffic to any Site it is allowed. I saw Norwich PD on Troop L Simulcast earlier.
Glad to hear that you are picking them up.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.