NWORPSS Site and Talkgroup Discussion

DMAZ2022

Premium Subscriber
I should get my 7" long Remtronix today, I'll advise if it helps. The small Unication antenna was a strong selling point, the entire radio is so small I can easily carry it in my jacket pocket. The sound quality is impressive. It just gets a little hit or miss especially when I'm laying on the couch at night which I look forward to daily so hopefully I get improvement. LoL

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
Keeping it small and compact was what I was looking for. I would appreciate it if you let me know how the 7” Remtronix works out.

DMAZ2022

Premium Subscriber
Got the 7" Remtronix a couple days ago and it actually performs worse than the tiny stock antenna. I work right in the middle of Toledo and there it caused the radio to lose one bar of signal. I'm also spoiled with that short antenna, the 7" long one was annoying. Somehow I ordered the wrong adapter to try the mobile antenna I want to place outside the house so next week I'll try that.

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
I’m going to try taking my SDS200 in my truck and see how well it will work. I’m completely satisfied the way it works inside. If it works I’ll order another for the truck. The G5 has Bluetooth which would have been nice the truck. Thank again for the replies

KQA726

Question folks: the Lucas County Talkgroups in Radio Reference- are these the latest that would include the SE and NW Law Enforcement mega dispatch groups? And unified Fire- I thought TFD was going to stay separate from the rest of the county, but on air, sounds like they might all be lumped together now? So is there a 'good' talkgroup listing without a s**tload of OPS channels that are never used, and has all the new Lucas County consolidations?
Thanks.

scottmaumee

Question folks: the Lucas County Talkgroups in Radio Reference- are these the latest that would include the SE and NW Law Enforcement mega dispatch groups? And unified Fire- I thought TFD was going to stay separate from the rest of the county, but on air, sounds like they might all be lumped together now? So is there a 'good' talkgroup listing without a s**tload of OPS channels that are never used, and has all the new Lucas County consolidations?
Thanks.
The new unified setup sucks massive balls. Its nearly impossible to track a call and monitor the event exclusively now. I loved being able to listen to Maumee and the other burbs as I saw fit just by toggling the quick keys. Now it's just one constant flow of Lucas County verbal diarrhea.

If anyone has any programming suggestions to get me what I once had, I'm open for suggestions.

ArtU

I plan on Selling my SDS 200 soon because of this issue , hopefully to someone in another place that can enjoy it better

Sting11

Interestingly, I heard Lucas County Sheriffs using TGID 12152 (Process Servers) earlier today as a tactical event channel, working lane closures and an eventual complete road closure due to a traffic accident.

KQA726

I bet the suburbs have to hate the new Lucas County BS clustercluck. Sylvania Township could stay on top of a situation and listen only to their crews, now they have to hear crap from the Sheriff's department and a half dozen other jurisdictions. My guess is Wade K and the LC Sheriff want to merge the City of Toledo with ALL suburb cities into one Lucas County entity for ultimate control. Helps the city and screws the suburbs. They did that crap in Marion County Indiana 'uni-gov' with Indy and its suburbs. Anyhow, it has made scanning not easy or enjoyable anymore. At least Perrysburg Township is smart enough to keep their own talkgroups and not a cluster of Northern Wood County. If I was a suburb cop, I would really hate this new system. I don't like how fire got piled-in all together too. I thought for sure it would be TFRD only and the rest on another group.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Don't forget that Oregon and Sylvania Township voted for that mess as well.

My guess is that they consolidated a whole lot of stuff onto just a few talkgroups in order to reduce the number of talkgroups the dispatchers have to monitor at any given time (and reduce the number of dispatchers they have to have on duty); span of control is a big issue in dispatch centers, and trunked systems don't make it any easier.

Sounds like it isn't working out so well, though....

ctpd845

Feed Provider
That's an understatement Tom. All of the bigger suburbs had their own dispatch centers, and the dispatcher were paid well. All the suburban dispatchers took a huge pay cut with the consolidation so many of them quit. So on top of cramming to many jurisdictions on a talkgroup, the center is extremely understaffed. Last I heard, they were over 30 people short.

lomp

Greetings friends,

This very well could be user error so I apologize beforehand. Currently running the SDS100, my main Departments most actively monitoring are Northwood PD/FD + Oregon PD. Within the last day or two the scanner no longer seems to pick up anything from Oregon PD. I have tried Oregon Police Dispatch (10384) but I have also tried Oregon Law (10088) under Common Interop with no success. I have made sure the correct Service Types are on, I do not have any Priorities set + CloseCall is not on. Still receiving all the traffic from Northwood. I do see a few people here in the thread talking about the new mega unified dispatch groups + am wondering if Oregon PD now falls under the Lucas County (48) Unified Law Enforcement > Northwest (60000) or Southeast (60016) groups? If so, is there a way to go about finding out which part of the cities each groups covers. Thanks in advance!

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
Oregon is in with Unified Law Enforcement -Southeast along with Jerusalem TWP, Maumee, Waterville, Waterville WTP, Whitehouse and I believe Washington TWP. The only thing that I receive on Common Interop is OSHP patch from MARCS.
Northwood is listed by itself in the database Wood County (87) Northwood. Police and Fire.

lomp

Oregon is in with Unified Law Enforcement -Southeast along with Jerusalem TWP, Maumee, Waterville, Waterville WTP, Whitehouse and I believe Washington TWP. The only thing that I receive on Common Interop is OSHP patch from MARCS.
Northwood is listed by itself in the database Wood County (87) Northwood. Police and Fire.
Thank you for your response! Under Lucas County (48) Oregon. Police Dispatch (TG/10384) is the primary one I listen to for Oregon PD + was just listening to it recently until it stopped receiving traffic. By chance do you know will the Oregon Police Dispatch (TG/10384) become obsolete now that they are grouped under the Southeast Unified Law Enforcement? If so that kinda stinks as I have no need to hear all the other Cities/Twps.

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
The transition to NWORPSS started back in the second half of 2020. I monitor Common Interop (10088) have never heard Oregon on it. I had monitored (10384)) until about a year ago. I really didn’t get much traffic on it so that was one of the quick keys I turned off.

lomp

Great information + again I appreciate your response! Really wanted to have a channel dedicated to just Oregon PD, but doesn't seem like its going to be possible anymore then.