NXDN Comes to BCD325P2 and BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

w7cma

You're in Montana...how far is considered 'local'? What are you using for an antenna? How many signal bars do you have in the upper right portion of the display? Are you using an internal speaker and if so do you have some space under the scanner to let the sound out, or are you using an external speaker?

Local is about 5 air miles. I am using an antenna cut for 150 Mhz. I am getting full signal. I am using the scanner for a feed.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Local is about 5 air miles. I am using an antenna cut for 150 Mhz. I am getting full signal. I am using the scanner for a feed.

Indoor or outdoor antenna? How are you transferring audio from the scanner to your computer? External speaker jack on the back, Record jack on the back, or the earphone jack on the front? How is the audio on the scanner itself when not going through the feed?

w7cma

Indoor or outdoor antenna? How are you transferring audio from the scanner to your computer? External speaker jack on the back, Record jack on the back, or the earphone jack on the front? How is the audio on the scanner itself when not going through the feed?
Antenna is in the attic audio is coming out of the record jack. Digital audio sounds the same out of the scanner as on the feed. This is not a very busy channel so it is hard to try different settings to test. The rest of the analog channels all sound very good on the feed.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Antenna is in the attic audio is coming out of the record jack. Digital audio sounds the same out of the scanner as on the feed. This is not a very busy channel so it is hard to try different settings to test. The rest of the analog channels all sound very good on the feed.

Try the antenna that came with the scanner...it may be overloaded being so close.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
I have ran into a problem I had to reset my BCD 996P2and still have DMR/NXDN showing but it does not decode signal anymore,Any fixes for this the system i had in before reset prior to this stills work while scanning but not on service search

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to correct this .I reset my BCD996P2 the NXDN/DMR is still in the scanner but lost search mode decode of the systems.I have to but and freqs in the conventional mode to decode them

cg

Premium Subscriber
You may be in PL/DPL decode (or tone search off) mode. Unfortunately those models will not do NAC/DCC and PL/DPL decoding at the same time while in search mode.
Try:
MENU
SRCH/CLOCALL OPT (enter)
TONE/CODE SEARCH (enter)
NAC/CC/RAN/AREA (enter)

chris

Does anyone know how to correct this .I reset my BCD996P2 the NXDN/DMR is still in the scanner but lost search mode decode of the systems.I have to but and freqs in the conventional mode to decode them

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I have a 996P2 coming with the NXDN upgrade , do you have to PGRM the high-low base freqy or just PGRM the system like a digital frequency system P25 TY

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I have a 996P2 coming with the NXDN upgrade , do you have to PGRM the high-low base freqy or just PGRM the system like a digital frequency system P25 TY
I use proscan to program site frequencies and assign lcn to each frequency
I used a calculator from here on rr to determine lcn and works great

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Is this calculator located in the "Wiki" on here or where could I find it ,....TY

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is this calculator located in the "Wiki" on here or where could I find it ,....TY
Here you go

I would note that I have two NXDN systems near me, used by smaller suburban cities. On one of then, the numbers generated by this spreadsheet do work correctly.

For the other, they do not. For that system, the LCN's are 1 to 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.