NXDN No Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeekwave

A very possible scenario is because they did the cheap and lazy "zip code" method (didnt actually program anything for you, just punched in a zip code), and thus, you cannot use ID Search, so if the system is using different talk groups than what's listed, you won't hear a thing.

Try this:
Find the system you are trying to listen to and hold on it by pressing "System" --> press "Chan" (bottom right white button) --> Press "E/Yes" --> Add to Favorites List? -> YES -> It will ask you to name it, name it or just press A, whatever
--> Now, go to "Set scan selection" --> turn OFF the full database, turn ON the favorites list you just made (E/Yes to toggle on/off) --> press "System" --> Once it starts scanning, press "FUNC + YES" to enable ID Search.

Now, you wont have any of the TG IDs/names besides the one you specifically added, but it is a quick and easy way to get a system into a favorites list to get ID Search running.
Personally, I recommend always using ID search, as the DB will never have ALL the TGs, and new ones will pop up, often the most interesting of times, and without ID search, you wont hear them.

If this doesnt work, its possible the LCNs are wrong, in which case you can use the LCN finder - but you will still need to create that favorites list. The best thing about these scanners is the favorites list, they give you control over what you scan. I have 60+ favorites lists, for all different industries, hobbies, etc - doing this enables you to turn on the ones you want to hear, and off the ones you dont, whenever you want, and lets you use ID search instead of ID scan. Make one for whatever you listen to, the more specific, the more control you have (hospitals, airports, public safety, business, federal, statewide, etc)
I'll use your info when I meet with another forum member personally to help with my radio. Thanks

zeekwave

I'll use your info when I meet with another forum member personally to help with my radio. Thanks
And yes bearcat I believe just punched in my zip code. And they couldn't understand why I couldn't get my own city on NXDN upgrade. Crazy, you'd think they would have knowledge of such questions.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Spent a day and half in Enterprise and I’d say the system works fine. Not very busy also the local schools are on it as well. I do like how NXDN will start out with the radio ID number then it may change to actual wording.

Attachments

• F5C11E7D-F1FB-4243-83C8-E351C9AB6169.jpeg
    F5C11E7D-F1FB-4243-83C8-E351C9AB6169.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 24
  • B06CA8E7-C7D5-4E33-991D-A7BFE5BC740B.jpeg
    B06CA8E7-C7D5-4E33-991D-A7BFE5BC740B.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 22

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Spent a day and half in Enterprise and I’d say the system works fine. Not very busy also the local schools are on it as well. I do like how NXDN will start out with the radio ID number then it may change to actual wording.

In order to save the Radio ID's, press Enter. Scroll down to Save User ID, and it will be permanently saved in the scanner. In order to save in Sentinel, Read from Scanner when you have a group of them.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Btw, I also scanned the database freqs listed for coffee county and didn’t hear anything except Elba Fire dispatch and it was scratchy and unreadable from my location in Enterprise.

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
I have same issues with new BCD436HP. Live in Enterprise. 5 miles from fire n police station. Bought NXDN from Scannermaster. Tried programming Coffee n Dale counties. No E'prise response. Have 436 next to BCT15X. I pick up conventional traffic ok. I can get Genenva, 25 miles away., Ozark, 20 miles. After trying for over a week, I order the 2 counties pre-programmed from Scannermasters.. Still no E'prise traffic. I called and Rich basically told be they use RR for pre-programming and if it is inaccurate, they can not help me.. I'm about ready to send this $500 unit back. Please, can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.