NXDN Upgrade for BCD436HP and BCD536HP Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkljunk

Premium Subscriber
Upgrade

So, going to sound like an idiot here, but... I have done the upgrade... And the other two before. Now what? Will discovery pick up the channels from these systems? Is there something manual I have to do?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Discovery and search will now correctly identify NXDN, and when Sentinel is updated, you will be able to program NXDN systems. Until then you have to program NXDN with the scanner menu (ugh).

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Until then you have to program NXDN with the scanner menu (ugh).

If you program one multi-site (or even single-site) trunk and one OFT, then connect the scanner to your computer and read the favorites list file in something like Notepad++, you can see how to build them. I put a few systems in my FL that way from an Excel spreadsheet, which was slightly better than punching keys all night, but definitely not for everyone to try out.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If someone would post the new firmware version numbers for the 436 and 536, I'll add that to the wiki...Mike

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Search for NXDN works great. Shows system, Site, RAN, etc. We have one 40 site NXDN System called Florida Fleet Talk that seems to serve the bottom half region of Florida. It is a consortium of multiple companies. There is only one of the sites near me but it works great and sounds great from the little I've heard on it. Can't wait to travel around the mainland soon. Thanks Paul

garys

Premium Subscriber
I programmed in 5 sites of an 11 site NXDN system. Two sites function a Composite Sites, with one frequency as control and voice. They seem to be working okay, at least as far as finding the control channel goes.

No hits yet, so I don't know if the Alias feature is working on the two users I programmed in. It is finding the control channels on the three sites that I can receiver with DSD+, so that's good.

Display shows NX4 when it finds the control channel.

So far, so good.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
No, I can't link to it, because it's not in RR yet, and yes, it's the correct system type. I know what I'm doing here, guy. I'm just contributing to the thread that the new firmware does not support the OTA aliases.

Geesh.

Voyager

No, I can't link to it, because it's not in RR yet, and yes, it's the correct system type. I know what I'm doing here, guy. I'm just contributing to the thread that the new firmware does not support the OTA aliases.

Geesh.

Well, sorry for trying to help determine why YOUR system is not working when others are. Those were reasonable questions. I get no benefit from your system not working, so no skin off my back.

Geesh.

blackcloud08

Premium Subscriber
NXDN

Thank you for the discounted price when you release these upgrades! Entered the key with no problems!

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Just bought two keys. One for my 436HP and one for my 536HP! Thank you Paul and Uniden for the NXDN support! You guys rock!

Also, thank you for the discount. I got two for the price of one. :)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
https://youtu.be/Qyx0ESif1pc

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

Uniden knocked it out of the ballpark. The audio quality is really great, and obviously the trunking is working fine. I just have my 700 mhz yagi up now, and the only NXDN site is a fairly low-activity site. Hopefully I'll be able to listen to some NXDN tomorrow.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.