Oakland County

kb8q

Premium Subscriber
I understand how the system works and the roaming, but the Oakland site denies almost everything not originating in Oakland. I wonder how / why DPD6 is allowed when others are not.
I'm guessing the network admin is allowing that specific one at this point. Assuming it is Ferndale that's affiliating, they're not adjacent to the other DPD districts. I've also noticed that DPD Track 6 is not on the Oakland simulcast 100%.

RayAir

Based on back to back affiliations these are some other talk groups in Auburn Hills FD zone-
Radio started on 63AHFD1, then switched to 63AHFD2, then through the following unidentified groups:

bkirk3434

Has anyone heard anything consistently since it went live yesterday? I have not.

Also- any idea when the western Oakland County FDs will join (Novi/South Lyon/Milford/White Lake)?

Josh

This is what I am trying to bring to light... the groups seem active by day, but after 8 PM... it all dies out. Last week I was listening to Ferndale FD as they were pretty active, and the following morning I woke up and realized I left the radio on, but it hadn't received anything the entire night (otherwise I would have been alarmed/woken up to turn it off!).

RayAir

Is anyone certain 32372 is Berkely PD? There is a console (2000148) that appears on TG 32372, but it also appears on Hazel Park fire dispatch when they have runs. Console 2000148 will notify Hazel Park fire of a run, I'm assuming if the police get it. There will be a tone and then they'll say "police to fire" and give the details.

Brettame5

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know when Law Enforcement will be switching over to the MPSCS?

bkirk3434

It is interesting that all of the Oakland Co communities on MPSCS are located in the southeast (ish) portion of the county except for Auburn Hills.

Hazel Park, Ferndale, Madison Heights, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Royal Oak, Bloomfield Township, and Farmington Hills.

It is also interesting that Hazel Park, Ferndale, and Madison Heights are the only communities that seem to be fully live at this time.

Does anyone know when the more west communities will be going live?

rivermersey

It is interesting that all of the Oakland Co communities on MPSCS are located in the southeast (ish) portion of the county except for Auburn Hills.

Hazel Park, Ferndale, Madison Heights, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Royal Oak, Bloomfield Township, and Farmington Hills.

It is also interesting that Hazel Park, Ferndale, and Madison Heights are the only communities that seem to be fully live at this time.

Does anyone know when the more west communities will be going live?
Southfield Fire is live and in the clear. And they speak more than any of the other FD's.

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
Southfield Fire is live and in the clear. And they speak more than any of the other FD's.
Listening on node 2632 great!!
In windsor., trying direct listening., control channel is marginal.
Where do I find node 2632? I'm missing something
tnx
Jerry VE3EXT

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Listening on node 2632 great!!
In windsor., trying direct listening., control channel is marginal.
Where do I find node 2632? I'm missing something
tnx
Jerry VE3EXT

In the Ingest Node Browser section, pick your favorite method to find:
Michigan -> MPSCS -> Oakland County Simulcast.

I tried copying the link directly to the node, but just got the above URL.