Oakland County

kd8ati

Farmington Hills tones out everything on their paging group 32881, Southfield doesn't use a separate page group but tones out on Fire 1 (32274). Orion Township seems to use one tone set for all stations. Novi tones out but I havent studied them yet.
I attached an image that would suggest Southfield not only uses a separate page group but also a separate page group for each station, or has the ability to, or will be in the future. They may just simulcast it on FD1 so the other stations can be aware of who is going out on what. What does everyone else think?SO Console.JPG

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
The pager icons are for tones. The presence of two tones per station implies they are mapped to different systems.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Novi FD has moved their pages onto MPSCS. I have not heard South Lyon nor Lyon Twp, either. (They are dispatched by Novi, for anyone unaware.)

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
Agree with what ffexpCP said about 2 different systems. Southfield had a lot of issues with the P25 paging, so they kept and used/are using their old analog paging.

As for Novi, NFD pages on P25 with UHF as backup, thats the same for South Lyon as they are dispatched by Novi and have to use the same system (paging is on P25).

Lyon is dispatched by the County Dispatch and I believe still uses their old paging.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Novi FD has moved their pages onto MPSCS. I have not heard South Lyon nor Lyon Twp, either. (They are dispatched by Novi, for anyone unaware.)
Great, I set those three to Deprecated status. Any more and/or safe to assume more will stop using their VHF/UHF frequencies, let us know!

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
This afternoon, I heard Springfield and North Oakland switch to "Springfield FD2". When they all switched I did not hear anything until they returned to Springfield 1 when the incident was over. I have Springfield 2 programed and all the MABAS TG programmed. I also switched to ID search on Oakland County but nothing but some encrypted PD TG. I cannot find anything listed? Any ideas or updates.

Thanks for the help!

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
On the calls system on here, at 3:11 PM I heard the go to FD2. Then on 63STFD2, Springfield 2 - 32281 at 3:11 was when radio traffic started to show up. At 3:19 PM I heard someone from another department say to Springfield fire on FD2.

Dont know what you use for a scanner, but if its a zipcode type one, update the database in it. Also if you use a favorite list....
very important is that when you update the database, it DOES NOT update favorite lists as those are user generated.

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS 100 and all the latest Oakland county TGs are programmed including Springfield 2. (32281) I even tried ID search and nothing. I rechecked the data base to be sure But thanks anyway.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS 100 and all the latest Oakland county TGs are programmed including Springfield 2. (32281) I even tried ID search and nothing. I rechecked the data base to be sure But thanks anyway.
That sounds like the Fire-Tac Service type is not on. It's not on by default, so if you haven't made any adjustments in the programming, it's more likely than not on.

Menu...Select Service Types...Fire-Tac (If it shows dashes, it's not on). Press volume knob down, should show as ON...scanner will reload SD card, and should be all set.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
YEP! the fire tac service type was not checked on!
Make sure you turn it on in Sentinel too. Any changes you send to the scanner, it will be unchecked unless you make the change.

Edit...Edit Profile...Service Types...(check the boxes of those you listen to)...File...Save.

bkirk3434

Has anyone heard anything on the following talk groups or know what is/will be on them?

63COM
63PMATA
63PINT
63F911
63E911
63PSFIRE1
63CST
63FIRE-MSP
63MSP-PD
63SLEMS
63PGWXEMS
63P911
63DRUG
63CID3
All remaining Radio Technicians channels

kd8ati

Has anyone heard anything on the following talk groups or know what is/will be on them?

63COM
63PMATA
63PINT
63F911
63E911
63PSFIRE1
63CST
63FIRE-MSP
63MSP-PD
63SLEMS
63PGWXEMS
63P911
63DRUG
63CID3
All remaining Radio Technicians channels

63PSFIRE1 is public safety fire... Oak Park, Huntington Woods, Berkley, Beverly Hills, ect all use that talkgroup for fire dispatch.

Likely wont hear anything on 63F911, 63P911, or 63F911. Those are central dispatch talkgroups that MPSCS created for every county in the state when they first designed the system layout. Since Oakland County really dont have a countywide fire or ems system, those are of no use. the P911 is typically used by the county sheriff. Oakland county Sheriff uses their own talkgroup layout.

You MAY hear something on 63COM... maybe an agency from a neighbor county trying to call someone in Oakland. Again, wont likely hear any interdepartmental radio traffic from one Oakland County agency to another because they have an "All Dispatch" talkgroup for that purpose.

The MSP talkgroups were created as a inter-system patch talkgroup between MSP on MPSCS and Oakland County on their Open Sky system. Those are no longer of any use that I am aware of.

Last edited:

FireMedic658

I attached an image that would suggest Southfield not only uses a separate page group but also a separate page group for each station, or has the ability to, or will be in the future. They may just simulcast it on FD1 so the other stations can be aware of who is going out on what. What does everyone else think?View attachment 159178
What is this layout and how did you get it? Can anyone get it?

jpstrategies

Premium Subscriber
63PSFIRE1 is public safety fire... Oak Park, Huntington Woods, Berkley, Beverly Hills, ect all use that talkgroup for fire dispatch.

Likely wont hear anything on 63F911, 63P911, or 63F911. Those are central dispatch talkgroups that MPSCS created for every county in the state when they first designed the system layout. Since Oakland County really dont have a countywide fire or ems system, those are of no use. the P911 is typically used by the county sheriff. Oakland county Sheriff uses their own talkgroup layout.

You MAY hear something on 63COM... maybe an agency from a neighbor county trying to call someone in Oakland. Again, wont likely hear any interdepartmental radio traffic from one Oakland County agency to another because they have an "All Dispatch" talkgroup for that purpose.

The MSP talkgroups were created as a inter-system patch talkgroup between MSP on MPSCS and Oakland County on their Open Sky system. Those are no longer of any use that I am aware of.
Thank you. I did not know the Public Safety departments were dispatching here.