Official BC246T Programming Software Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
"Close Call" Programming via UASD (1.36 -Demo-ware Version) Question:

I set up "Close Call" the way I want it with "UASD', and the paremeters stay in there even if I only occasionally -- like, say, onnce or twice a week -- use it, and I can turn it on and off with the 246T?
The manual gives the impression -- or maybe I just think it does, not sure -- that the "Close Call" comands have to be set up each time its used.
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
CZ said:
"Close Call" Programming via UASD (1.36 -Demo-ware Version) Question:

I set up "Close Call" the way I want it with "UASD', and the paremeters stay in there even if I only occasionally -- like, say, onnce or twice a week -- use it, and I can turn it on and off with the 246T?
The manual gives the impression -- or maybe I just think it does, not sure -- that the "Close Call" comands have to be set up each time its used.

Can you get a little more specific or give some examples?

Although, Close Call is not one of the systems supported for DL by the UASD DEMO.

Joe M.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
If you go Scanner Configuration Editor > Close Call search, then checkmark "Enable Close Call", set the Bands you want to scan and what 'Beep' option you want, then save changes to disc, can these settings be uploaded to the 246T so a user wouldn't have to program every setting back into it, and can just turn "Close Call" searching on or off when needed?
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
CZ said:
If you go Scanner Configuration Editor > Close Call search, then checkmark "Enable Close Call", set the Bands you want to scan and what 'Beep' option you want, then save changes to disc, can these settings be uploaded to the 246T so a user wouldn't have to program every setting back into it, and can just turn "Close Call" searching on or off when needed?

That should work - if you enable it, change the settings, then disable it and dump that config to the scanner, you can then enable it on the scanner when you want and it will use those settings. You have to enable it to have access to the settings. If you don't disable it before dumping to the scanner, it will be on and you would have to turn it off on the scanner if you don't want it on (6 of one - half dozen of the other).

Joe M.
 

safetyobc

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
3,354
Reaction score
34
Location
South Arkansas
i just bought my 246t and now I need software. Is the final version of scan cat available or is still prerelease? Is the butel software worth the price? Which one do you guys suggest?
 

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,295
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Arlington, TX
Demo versions of the Butel, Uniden, and ScanCat-Lite software are all available from their respective web sites.
 

brwkem

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Final release

UPMAN

Any update on the software final release?
Patiently waiting

brwkem
 

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,295
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Arlington, TX
Should be here Monday, QA permitting. Sorry about the wait.
 

safetyobc

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
3,354
Reaction score
34
Location
South Arkansas
Using both demo versions

Is it possible to use the demo ARC software to load 5 systems and then use Uniden's demo to load another 3 or whatever is allowed?
 

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,295
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Arlington, TX
Uniden's demo allows you to download 4 systems to the scanner. It erases current memory first.
 

safetyobc

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
3,354
Reaction score
34
Location
South Arkansas
I just purchased the ARC software this afternoon. Won't get my username and pasword til tomorrow but I have the demo til then.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
UASD1.36 / CloseCall .... Good News/Bad News

First the good news :)

I decided to try uploading a few new frequencies into the 246T and everything (almost) went smoothly.

Now the Bad (maybe) News:

I enabled Close Call via Configuration Editor > Close Call Search, thinking I could turn it off from the keyboard. I can't -- at least a look thru the manual's info on Close Call hasn't produced any results -- find a way to do it, the little what looks like a C in a circle stays on.
Is there a way to turn it off/on from keyboard, or am I going to have to go uncheck the box, then reload everything?
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Doesn't work.

Pressed Function (small 'F' appears at lower right hand corner) then hold. Only things that happen is it says "Holding", and I get a Beep.
 

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 3, 2001
Messages
11,380
Reaction score
6
Location
Lansing, MI
To enable the function key settings you need to hold the function key, just like the shift on your keyboard.
 

JnglMassiv

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
856
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago / 016
Ya, the function key operation is easy to miss at first. Its actually explained on page 40 of the manual. Like rdale said, use it like the 'shift' key on a keyboard or typewriter.
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
CZ said:
Doesn't work.

Pressed Function (small 'F' appears at lower right hand corner) then hold. Only things that happen is it says "Holding", and I get a Beep.

You have to press them at the SAME TIME. In other words, don't release the FUNCTION button before you press the HOLD button.

Joe M.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Ok, I got it. Thought from way RolnCode3 put it, you held the Function key down till the 'F' appeared onscreen, then pushed the Hold key without having to hold both down at once.

Think I may have inadverntantly erased the Trunk & conventional frequencies that were preprogrammed in the 246T. Says to push the 9 key while scanning to get them, but all I get is 3 or 4 rapid beeps.
The UASD (Demo Version) program still shows them though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top