Official BCT-15 Post Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Probably. The UASD software and DIN cage were also left off. And the P25 stuff of course. Other than that, I think it's going to be a nice scanner. Personally, I could do without all that Bear Tracker stuff, but it seems that it can be turned off in the software.

Gary

safetyobc

garys said:
Probably. The UASD software and DIN cage were also left off. And the P25 stuff of course. Other than that, I think it's going to be a nice scanner. Personally, I could do without all that Bear Tracker stuff, but it seems that it can be turned off in the software.

Gary

Yeah the beartracker stuff, I will never use. I can see why the DIN cage was left off for pricing. The software I am not worried about either.

But I really could have used that green display! :D I haven't seen the red/orange yet so I can't comment on how well I will like it. It may be perfectly fine, but I am worried it will be too dim for daytime operation, especially when using it as a mobile.

Go-24

Well dang, I too assumed it would come with green, now my desk is going to really look like a christmas tree either that or I use orange on the 996 (yuck).

Yes, I believe thats why car audio units many moons ago started offering multi-colors for day time & night time operation. Since this is a mobile unit like the 996, I dont think it made much sense to not offer both colors.

IMO the orange, and it IS orange (not a hint of red on my 996 at all) makes the scanner look cheap.

God is in the details!

Last edited:

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
safetyobc said:
I haven't seen the red/orange yet so I can't comment on how well I will like it. It may be perfectly fine, but I am worried it will be too dim for daytime operation, especially when using it as a mobile.
While using BCT15 mobile, there was no issue with backlight. It depends on the viewing angle, and avoiding direct sunlight, which may be difficult to do. I always used the MEDIUM setting day or night.
Go-24 said:
IMO the orange, and it IS orange (not a hint of red on my 996 at all) makes the scanner look cheap.
Well, one is entitled to ones opinion.:) I find the red-orange backlight does not make the BCT15 look cheap, but looks sharp with the black faceplate. YMMV.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Crap, to have the green would have been cool even if it cost me $10.00 more I would still pay for it!
To have the DIN sleeve would not have cost that much more since it just some sheet metal pressed to have that form.

swest90

Arg, I thought this had the green display also. Thats kind of a let down, but oh well. Yeah I woulda paid $10 more. Maybe after I have it for a while (And the warranty runs out) I will dig out the leds and try to switch em out myself. Really too bad they didnt add the green on this model.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Pics

Can somebody post some pics of this unit...I wanna see how the black faceplate looks. (I know there are pics on the web but they are the same everywhere, I wanna see it out of the box if u know what I mean) Also, the Red or orange LED's....is it around the same color as the pro 2096/96 from RS?

tomtefe

BCT 15 Display

Shouldn't it look just like the orange (or red) dispaly on the BCD996T

rwl48

Now I will wait

Thats all I needed. Now I will definitely wait. One of the best things I liked about this was the choice between red or green display and my first choice was green. Now I am saving for the 996. Unless someone finds an easy way to add or replace the leds. :roll:

Go-24

tomtefe said:
Shouldn't it look just like the orange (or red) dispaly on the BCD996T

I took some pictures when I first got my 996 - I think the brightest setting of orange is about the same color as the BC246T, the handheld is a bit brighter.

Surely no hint of red in mine ;) ; I will get the BCT15 added once it arrives, I assume it will be the same LEDs though.

==== edit

Just got an email ....

Your Bearcat BCT15 scanner is in transit from Communications Electronics Inc. WWW.USASCAN.COM +1-734-996-8888

Scheduled Delivery: 03-July-2006

Last edited:
Received Our First Shipment oF BCT 15's at Scanners Unlimited

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm that we received our first shipment of the BCT 15's today, Thursday, and have some available for immediate shipment.

Glenn Cohen, Scanners Unlimited

bonus1331

Received my BCT-15 today from Communication Electronics.
Just unpacked and loaded my files from my 330.
Other than the fact that it seems alot more compact than my old 780, it's too early to make any other first impressions.
Will get back later this weekend.

safetyobc

bonus1331 said:
Received my BCT-15 today from Communication Electronics.
Just unpacked and loaded my files from my 330.
Other than the fact that it seems alot more compact than my old 780, it's too early to make any other first impressions.
Will get back later this weekend.

Congrats!!!

We want to see some pics. Can you post any?

Status
Not open for further replies.