Official LATIE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie12

Troop A lhas began transmitting on LATIE. I have been listenign to them all day long.
Again I say troop A of the Louisiana State POLICE Is now broadcasting on the
Latie. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
red8

I've been hearing Troop A also.
But I'll go for hours and not hear anything from them. I hear EBRSO OK. Drives me crazy.

Landman

There are several towers in the database with just a site number listed because the people who submitted them did not know the location. Everyone who knows the locations of any of the towers that are in the database with just a site number listed please submit whatever you know.

By consulting the neighboring sites screen in Pro-96 com I also have found several new sites that appear to be online but are not listed in the database yet. If anyone knows the location of these sites please submit what you know:

site 142 - 770.30625

site 153 - 769.15625

site 154 - 769.16875

site 158 - 770.19375 - may be Alexandria area or above??

site 160 - 769.18125 - may be Alexandria area or above??

I will submit the following info to the database:
Site 141 - 769.55625 (already listed but no location) is the Opelousas tower.

If anyone knows the location of any of the others with unspecified locations please submit what you know.

This system will grow so large and with so many users that those of us who travel about the state often will have to break the state up into regions with talkgroups and control channels for each region programmed into various parts of the scanner memory and thus knowing the locations of each site becomes all the more important. The power point presentation linked to below contains a map that may help you with deciding what site a control channel belongs to.

http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/interop/docs/oct22meet/SIECGOHSEP102208.ppt

Last edited:

Landman

I have been working in North LA and I have found the control channel frequencies for several more sites. I did not have enough time to go tower hunting while I was there but maybe some of you guys that live up there can find the location of these sites and report your findings to the database.

Site 150 - 769.19375

Site 162 - 769.21875

Site 166 - 769.65625

Site 167 - 769.18125 Shreveport/Bossier or surrounding area

Site 149 - 769.20625

I heard very very little traffic while up there. Not anywhere near enough for me to tell who I was listening to.

Last edited:

Pimpala03

Well, I guess LATIE has arrived in Union Parish now. I can key and get a response on the LATIE channels in our state radio. (couldn't last 2 weeks since the radio was installed)

Tried it last night and just now. I was able to get out on *R8-OHSEP channel. ;)

santamilk

i have a state police question. i scan with the bcd996t scanner. is anyone picking up any of the state police transmissions? i have programmed all the 700 mhz freqs for the troop i area and am not receiving any transmissions. i am receiving lafayette consldtd gov, vpso, and various other departments in the area except for state. i also have the 800 mhz trunked freqs programmed and am not receiving anything on them either. i was receiving all traffic with the 800 mhz until 3-4 months ago. is anyone experiencing the same situation?

red8

Have you entered the control channels? Or the talk groups? Because unless you have the scanner on Id search or ID scan or the control channels along with the other frequencies , then you will not pick up the 700. Try that first. I have not had any trouble on receiving State Police on that system.
red8

red8

Santamilk,
Also when you go to program it will say system type (i.e. motorola,edacs convental, or P25) enter P25
I almost forgot. State Police is a P25 system digital
I hope that will get you get you going
red8

Last edited:

santamilk

thanks for info

thanks for the info. after i posted to forum, i checked over my data and realized i had not programmed them as a P25 system. as soon as i reprogrammed as P25 i was back in action. thanks again

RobRWinters

North LA

I am going to be traveling across I-20 next month. Is LATIE deployed in this area yet? It seems that most of the identified sites are in the southern part of the state.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Pimpala03

While I can't speak for Shreveport area, you won't be able to hear (as far as LATIE) anything from Ruston east. (Lincoln, Ouachita, Richland, Madison, and Tensas Parishes.) This area (State Police Troop F area) is still on 800 Analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.