OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
Brookhaven FD

Added talkgroup 35085 Brookhaven TD to my TRX-1 I assume I did that correctly, haven’t heard anything yet, has this TG been very active since discovered ?

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Son found it on discovery and says that they talk on it. They shifted when the pd went too MSWIN
one more for you kdmc air ambulance aircom brookhaven is 62032. have not heard it since went to
a maintenance cycle but should return any day.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
well from me and milf work... it seems to be a statewide trs system. so.. it might be better than the mswin in some ways.

Not yet it is not. It is 2/3 of the state with basic coverage. In a few places it is top notch coverage.. But MSWIN IS statewide with actually very decent coverage, with the exceptions of issues in Rankin County which is being worked on.

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
Son found it on discovery and says that they talk on it. They shifted when the pd went too MSWIN
one more for you kdmc air ambulance aircom brookhaven is 62032. have not heard it since went to
a maintenance cycle but should return any day.
Thanks again for the information Brookhaven FD and the bonus information on KDMC as of right now still haven’t heard anything on the fire channel but I will keep monitoring and also will plug-in the other talkgroup

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
Brookhaven FD

Has anyone else in the forum confirmed the TGID of 35085 yet ? I am getting frustrated I have not heard anything on that talk group yet and it has not been posted to the radio reference database Library yet

frazmandemo

mswin radio

What MS WIN radio are you using?
well i got three. but,even with my whistler and uniden scanners... on the east side of this county... it gets spotty. and the rose hill tower sticks on its frequencies.also you must understand.... Clarke county ems and fire units do not use mswin.... nor does lauderdale county. so... it really does not matter if mswin is better... it is what is in use.... i know all the other counties in this area use mswin... and it seems to work for them.

TheRadioGuru

So plenty of weird MSWIN things today, MDOT Enforcement TG (13200) has all the sudden went FDMA after being locked to TDMA operation for years now..... Also Jackson State University TG (13620) has became real active the past few hours on the Meridian tower site......

INDY72

Perhaps JSU at an event. And it is possible that there might be one or two FDMA radios still out there... Most of them were replaced/upgraded but there are still a few cache radios that could have been brought out say to use to fix say a crashed unit?

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Just heard aircom Brookhaven on 62032 so it is back
from maintenance. Some of the transmissions are encrypted but most are in the clear. hope you have
heard it. of course i was up at 00:25 hours when i heard it. good night and happy listening

Hammerguy69

Not yet it is not. It is 2/3 of the state with basic coverage. In a few places it is top notch coverage.. But MSWIN IS statewide with actually very decent coverage, with the exceptions of issues in Rankin County which is being worked on.

What issues was/is Rankin having. Hadn't heard or seen that in the minuets.

INDY72

The Rankin Simulcast has a few weak spots which it has always had. They are adding a coupe of mini sites to fill in those. Speaking of Rankin...

Someone please make some recordings and log Brandon Fire Dispatch so we can put this to bed for ONCE AND ALL! This is the third or fourth conflicting submission about BFD Disp! The one currently listed actually fits the TG line up, and was the one originally submitted from an Rankin County MSWIN Radio. Someone else keeps submitting 46787 as the dispatch which gets a correction sub if it is added!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammerguy69

The Rankin Simulcast has a few weak spots which it has always had. They are adding a coupe of mini sites to fill in those. Speaking of Rankin...

Someone please make some recordings and log Brandon Fire Dispatch so we can put this to bed for ONCE AND ALL! This is the third or fourth conflicting submission about BFD Disp! The one currently listed actually fits the TG line up, and was the one originally submitted from an Rankin County MSWIN Radio. Someone else keeps submitting 46787 as the dispatch which gets a correction sub if it is added!

Nice score getting ahold of a radio. Would love to get my hands on one for a little while. How'd you rate that?

INDY72

Lets just say it pays to have contacts, and know who to talk to and when NOT to say just who or what they are... ;) Also good to have members of State Government in the family tree... LOL

scott

Feed Provider
Jackson PD/FD Freq or TG Changes on MSWIN?

As of today, I'm hearing no radio traffic for JPD/JFD. Anyone know of expected changes to the system before I start researching?