OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
ladies and gents
new found freqs in Port Bienville tower (ms la line) Handcock County
WQZQ658 and WQPH888 PORT BIENVILLE (new 800mhz channels)
856.2625 (WQZQ658)

770.51875(WQPH888)
772.91875(new)
773.99375(new)

frenchfry

ladies and gents
new found freqs in Port Bienville tower (ms la line) Handcock County
WQZQ658 and WQPH888 PORT BIENVILLE (new 800mhz channels)
856.2625 (WQZQ658)

770.51875(WQPH888)
772.91875(new)
773.99375(new)

Yes, in 2017 MSWIN added channels to most of the towers. I have submitted the changes to most of the towers in North Mississippi, But still lack a few up in the North East corner of the state. It is good for us to keep the data base current so the Uniden scanners will not miss the traffic on the new channels.

So anybody that has the capabilities and is going though any other counties in south Mississippi could try to scan those towers and submit the info. It would be great if we could get the whole state up to date.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
New 700 MSWIN System added to that tower. SysID is MSWIN, and it has MSWIN Site Number now.

Researching the FCC Site Map shows the tower to be operating under call sign WQPJ456 and to be located at 1906 Pearman Road, Boyle, Bolivar County, Mississippi. The FCC shows the tower coordinates to be: 33.71778; -90.70972.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQPJ456
The tower now houses an MSWIN site along with the not too much longer alive County 800 TRS.
Site: 347 (TO32F)
System ID: 2AD
Channel: 01-1772
Freq: 773.08125

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammerguy69

New 700 MSWIN System added to that tower. SysID is MSWIN, and it has MSWIN Site Number now.

Researching the FCC Site Map shows the tower to be operating under call sign WQPJ456 and to be located at 1906 Pearman Road, Boyle, Bolivar County, Mississippi. The FCC shows the tower coordinates to be: 33.71778; -90.70972.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQPJ456
The tower now houses an MSWIN site along with the not too much longer alive County 800 TRS.
Site: 347 (TO32F)
System ID: 2AD
Channel: 01-1772
Freq: 773.08125

Just saying that there is no MSWIN equipment at that site. Now there is equipment on a cellular tower out west of Cleveland but not at site referenced above.

djake

Premium Subscriber
Adams County and Natchez will be moving to MSWIN next week. As best I can tell there are app. 16 talk groups.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I hope this is not a dumb question. I have a BCD436HP and listen to MS-WIN on occasion, and looked at the band plan section and it was blank. Is there something suppose to be in there? When using DSD+, It shows 4 lines of a bandplan and was just wondering if adding it into the 436 would help or hurt? Without one, it does seem to pick up a couple talkgroups, but then MS-WIN has never been busy down here on the coast. If the band plan info isn't needed for a P25 system to work, then what is the purpose of a band plan? Sorry again if these are real dumb questions!

INDY72

Adams County and Natchez will be moving to MSWIN next week. As best I can tell there are app. 16 talk groups.
That sounds right.. -911 Dispatch which is central dispatch for EOC.. VFD's, NFD, EMA. Then you will have a set of Countywide Fireground/Tacs for the VFD's. NFD should have its own Fireground/Tacs. Then you have ACSO Disp, Tacs, Narc etc... NPD Disp, Tacs, etc... Since Adams County has as far as I know, 2 primay, and a secondary EMS not sure exactly how they are going to do this... AMR is still VHF analog in Natchez, but is now DMR Encrypted in Hinds etc... Rural Metro is still VHF Analog. Then there is a Louisiana based EMS that has a repeater in Natchez, but also runs mainly on the LWIN on that side of the river. Have not heard if they finally have the MSWIN radios in the hospitals in Natchez yet or not. All of the hospitals statewide are supposed to be getting, or have them by 2020 last I heard, as are all of MS Public Schools. ACSO will have dispatch clear from last I heard, but all other TGs E. NPD same. There is also supposed to be interop TG's for Concordia Parish/Adams County, and Natchez PD/Vidalia PD most likely one or two that are shared... Systemwide there are also supposed to be interops for MHP/LSP etc., and Warren/Vicksburg an d its counterparts on LWIN which we have not found yet that I know of. Oh, and there will be the one WAT for Adams as there is for all Counties on MSWIN.

Last edited by a moderator:

djake

Premium Subscriber
That sounds right.. -911 Dispatch which is central dispatch for EOC.. VFD's, NFD, EMA. Then you will have a set of Countywide Fireground/Tacs for the VFD's. NFD should have its own Fireground/Tacs. Then you have ACSO Disp, Tacs, Narc etc... NPD Disp, Tacs, etc... Since Adams County has as far as I know, 2 primay, and a secondary EMS not sure exactly how they are going to do this... AMR is still VHF analog in Natchez, but is now DMR Encrypted in Hinds etc... Rural Metro is still VHF Analog. Then there is a Louisiana based EMS that has a repeater in Natchez, but also runs mainly on the LWIN on that side of the river. Have not heard if they finally have the MSWIN radios in the hospitals in Natchez yet or not. All of the hospitals statewide are supposed to be getting, or have them by 2020 last I heard, as are all of MS Public Schools. ACSO will have dispatch clear from last I heard, but all other TGs E. NPD same. There is also supposed to be interop TG's for Concordia Parish/Adams County, and Natchez PD/Vidalia PD most likely one or two that are shared... Systemwide there are also supposed to be interops for MHP/LSP etc., and Warren/Vicksburg an d its counterparts on LWIN which we have not found yet that I know of. Oh, and there will be the one WAT for Adams as there is for all Counties on MSWIN.

These are the TGs I am aware of- Adams EMA- CMND, TAC-N, TAC-S; Adams SO- Ops, CMND, TAC- all encrypted; Natchez PD- CMND, Ops, TAC; NFD- CMND, Ops; SAR- CMND, Ops; Adams WA (wide area); Airport CMND; Natchez Public Works CMND. There may be others.
There is no Rural Metro here- that is an AMR company- Metro/ Miss Lou Ambulance merged with ASAP recently, or is in some kind of buy-out.
Not sure about the LWIN interop stuff.

INDY72

Ahh so Metro-Rural from Wilkinson County switched over to become a dual state provider and is jumping into the ASAP umbrella. That will add them on MSWIN then with 4 counties covered now? Sad to see ACSO going full E... That changed from the last time I talked to any of them. So under the County EMA there are 4 total now? Command, Search and Rescue, Tactical North, Tactical South. For Natchez there will be more for DPW, and Transit... Since everyone is dumping the LTR Passport. Will they still run the NFD/ACEMA VHF repeaters for tone out?