OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
I think talk group 22351 is the university of Mississippi medical center police. They talk about taking people to the morgue and checking around the stadium and reporting that it appears to be secure and report when they are back on campus.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm Interesting since State has its own security for the VMS.... UMMC PD may have an agreement to do patrols of it since a LOT of UMMC staff do use the VMS lot for parking... And they do have a Shuttle Bus that goes over there. Also in the area is MSDHS facility, MDOT, The State Animal Forensics Lab.... If its UMMC PD, then there will be at least 3 other tgs... They had originally 5 on the Hinds TRS....

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Please do NOT take this and blow it up folks, it is what it is. It is confirmed by multiple sources now that as soon as DPS - MHP can get its radios all retouched again, they are going full time encrypted. This will be either by 2020, or early during 2020. They had already been discussing the possibility with MWCC as far back as 2017, and had strapped a few TG's for it from day one. Those included the MHP -SWAT/ERT, MHP - CID/MBI, and MHP -Drug Interdiction, with ALL MBN E once they came on. Now after some irresponsible actions by individuals during an incident in North MS, Marshall Fisher, head of the MS DPS, is having ALL MHP radios strapped for full time encryption. There is no need for any further discussion on the matter. It is going to happen. No, there is no changing this. If you want to whine about it, take it to FB etc... Or write letters to Mr. Fisher. Be glad he is not making ALL the rest of DPS radios strapped E at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
See PM sent. No further discussion of this in this thread except for when it happens please. I do not want this degenerating like the original thread on this topic did.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
See PM sent. No further discussion of this in this thread except for when it happens please. I do not want this degenerating like the original thread on this topic did.
It was already settled in the other thread. I’m not sure why you brought it up again here.

frenchfry

At the MSWIN September meeting the board approved 1/2 million for 1100 units of MHP radios to get encryption enabled. One more step forward. Darn!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Wow, a cool crispy half a mil for a guy to pop a update to the codeplug? I need to move back to MS and be the radio guy for MHP. I would be rich for OTAP'ing 1100 radios, or plopping a bunch of radios to cradles and doing something that takes about 3 minutes.

flametamer

Wow, a cool crispy half a mil for a guy to pop a update to the codeplug? I need to move back to MS and be the radio guy for MHP. I would be rich for OTAP'ing 1100 radios, or plopping a bunch of radios to cradles and doing something that takes about 3 minutes.
I'm sure their Director of Communications isn't going to see any of that. JComm on the other hand...

Dt

Hammerguy69

MHP will do all of the updates to their own radios. Shops will not be involved. Motorola made the money. Comms guys at MHP have to do the work for what their normal salary is so no money to come home and make milf.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Question regards MDWFP... Do all 3 divisions use the same TG's? Fish and Wildlife (F&W) Law Enforcemnet, and Wildlife, Fisheries, & Parks (WFP) Conservation Officers, and Parks Operations? I know back in the day, F&W, and WFP used the same freqs, and Parks Ops were pretty much Low Band only.

scanphreak

Yeah and you'd also be the most hated radio tech in Mississippi.