OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

fasteddy64

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
815
Reaction score
276
Location
Gulfport, MS
Harrison County is establishing a new P25 Simulcast trunked radio network that will operate from 5 county owned
tower sites to support 4 county and city dispatch centers and 13 county and municipal public safety agencies with radio
coverage throughout Harrison County. This new network will be connected to the statewide MSWIN system.
Yes, it will be connected to MSWIN, but is it an actual part of MSWIN or just connected to it. In my mind those are two very different things.
 

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
15,228
Reaction score
2,060
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Connected is Connected. It is not an actual MSWIN site, it is a separate system built and owned by the county. But will be full time connected to the MSWIN most likely by ISSI allowing truly seamless interoperability. Unknown as to how much encryption will be used on it. Possibly even share some , TG's as many such connected systems do.
 

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Joined
Jun 19, 2002
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
738
Location
On the beach.... with Ava.
The only "connection" I can see after wading through the contracts is an IP backhaul to the MSWIN switch (system core).

Maybe they'll use "connected" like how the current EDACS system is "connected", as in having both systems programmed into the radios (but only the Special Events TGs for the most part)?
 

rupus2020

Newbie
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 15, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I pick up 44931 along with capitol police 200 miles away. i'm in tate county using SDR setup with old cell phone antennas mounted on top of the house.

I heard a call and the offiver told dispatch he was at 51 at Natchez. Traffic stop I believe
 
Last edited:

MississippiPI

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
131
Location
All over the Great State of Mississippi
I pick up 44931 along with capitol police 200 miles away. i'm in tate county using SDR setup with old cell phone antennas mounted on top of the house.

I heard a call and the offiver told dispatch he was at 51 at Natchez. Traffic stop I believe
I have been hearing traffic on that talk group as well
 

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
15,228
Reaction score
2,060
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Must have misheard as 51 doesn't go anywhere near Natchez. Highway 51 parallels I-55 N/S pretty much down the middle of the state from TN to LA. He most likely said 61 as Highway 61 indeed runs through Natchez, and meets Highway 84/98 right outside town, at Washington, not to far away also meets the Natchez Trace National Parkway at it's official beginning. Used to be nightmare, but got improvements, especially during the 84 4 lane project! Now its a smooth 4 lane route all the way thru! I spent many, many hours on the strip between 553 in Fayette, and Natchez. :)
 
Last edited:

MississippiPI

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
131
Location
All over the Great State of Mississippi
Must have misheard as 51 doesn't go anywhere near Natchez. Highway 51 parallels I-55 N/S pretty much down the middle of the state from TN to LA. He most likely said 61 as Highway 61 indeed runs through Natchez, and meets Highway 84 right outside town, at Washington, not to far away also meets the Natchez Trace National Parkway at it's official beginning. Used to be nightmare, but got improvements, especially during the 84 4 lane project! Now its a smooth 4 lane route all the way thru! I spent many, many hours on the strip between 553 in Fayette, and Natchez. :)
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the natche's trace
 

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
15,228
Reaction score
2,060
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Either way, someone is dragging TG's, or they were not geofenced. Both very frowned upon by radio system admins.
 

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
15,228
Reaction score
2,060
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Dragging a TG is when you go out of your area, and have your radio still affiliated to the system and on the TG for your area. Like say a Tupelo PD officer goes down to Gulfport and monitors his TPD TG, which uses a talkpath that shouldn't be being used by him nowhere near his area. Geofencing is when in the software, a TG is "locked" in an "fence" to an geographic area, and can not work outside it.
 
Top