Ohio Online Scanner Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott02

if I had a digital capable scanner, I'd more than gladly host it......hmmmm......(pondering what to do with the next few paychecks lol!)

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
You had asked for any suggestions on making the site better.

I would recommend having a link under each site that lists out what frequencies/talkgroups are routinely monitored and their respected agencies.

I think this would be more of a luxury than anything, since the title of the feed generally says what's monitored, but would be nice.

Also,
It would be nice if we could get an eastside Cuyahoga County and Lake County feed up and running. My feed is good for westside coverage, but the geography of my area prohibits almost any eastside Cuyahoga County reception.

Also, are the Akron and Canton feeds just the cities of Akron and Canton, or other Summit County and Stark County fd's as well?

-Josh
Cuyahoga SW Feed Host

digitalanalog

Columbiana County Up and Running

Thanks Gordon for the setup info, everything went very very easy.

Now streaming Columbiana County

Some of the stuff scanning.

Columbiana PD,Fire,EMS
Columbiana County Sheriff
New Waterford PD
East Palestine PD
Salem PD,Fire
St.Claire Township PD
Perry Township PD
Sebring PD
East Liverpool PD
Wellsville PD
Lisbon PD
Salinesville PD
Leetonia PD,Fire
and more to be programmed.................

running 24 / 7

Enjoy...........

jasonk

Feed Provider
New Feeds Added

We now have a feed covering Clinton, Warren and Butler County Fire & EMS in Southwest Ohio. Thanks to Kevin in Clinton County for hosting this feed.

We still need another Hamilton County Feed ...... Cincinnati would be great to monitor. The current feed is decent, but has trouble decoding the digital signal due to the feed location. If you are interested please let me know.

Thanks again to Gordon of www.scangwinnett.com for hosting all of the feeds for FREE !!

Okay folks - post some feedback. We are working on Feed Descriptions for each feed listing the Departments that we cover.

We are also getting a Clark County Feed soon. Of course this does not include the City of Springfield (Pro-Voice System)

Thanks and enjoy the feeds ....

Jason
Miami Valley Breaking News
http://www.miamivalleybreakingnews.com

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
Jason great network of feeds there you and Gordon have done a awesome job covering Ohio any plains to put the ten codes for each feed on the site? I would love to see more feeds in the future

Happy scanning from Hendersonville TN
David
scanning with pro 95 96 and 97

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
There's been a lot of changes to scanmiamivalley.com lately.

A lot of air traffic feeds were added from liveatc.com.

Certain feeds have added frequency information, along with codes and signals.

Also, I was reading past posts where people were asking about the city of Cleveland and Cincinnati since the site has poor Cincinnaty coverage. There are two feeds outside of scanmiamivalley that cover Cincinnati and Cleveland metro well. The Cincinnati feed is at http://www.wcpo.com/content/mediacenter/scanner.aspx, and the Cleveland City feed is at http://www.cleveland.com/policescanner/.

Josh
SW Cuyahoga Feed Host
jmsanders83@gmail.com

jasonk

Feed Provider
jmsanders83 said:
There's been a lot of changes to scanmiamivalley.com lately.

A lot of air traffic feeds were added from liveatc.com.

Certain feeds have added frequency information, along with codes and signals.

Also, I was reading past posts where people were asking about the city of Cleveland and Cincinnati since the site has poor Cincinnaty coverage. There are two feeds outside of scanmiamivalley that cover Cincinnati and Cleveland metro well. The Cincinnati feed is at http://www.wcpo.com/content/mediacenter/scanner.aspx, and the Cleveland City feed is at http://www.cleveland.com/policescanner/.

Josh
SW Cuyahoga Feed Host
jmsanders83@gmail.com

Yes - there is a Cincinnati Feed available at WCPO ....but it has terrible Audio and you can typically only hear the police since they are so busy. I would like to get a person who is close to the City that would host a Cincinnati Feed. We may even be willing to work out a deal with the digital scanner .....

If you haven't visited lately, we are adding more features every day. We are trying to put descriptions with each feed now as well as add additional feeds. If anyone has other feedback please post it.

Thanks

Jason
www.scanmiamivalley.com

jasonk

Feed Provider
xusmarine1979 said:
I just now started checking this stuff out. This is GREAT! Good job guys.

Thanks XUSMarine ..... Glad people are enjoying the access to all of the Ohio Feeds. We still have room to host other areas of the State .... Let us know if you have an extra scanner sitting around .... We can get you set up without hassle !!

Jason

digitalanalog

digitalanalog said:
Thanks Gordon for the setup info, everything went very very easy.

Now streaming Columbiana County

Some of the stuff scanning.

Columbiana PD,Fire,EMS
Columbiana County Sheriff
New Waterford PD
East Palestine PD
Salem PD,Fire
St.Claire Township PD
Perry Township PD
Sebring PD
East Liverpool PD
Wellsville PD
Lisbon PD
Salinesville PD
Leetonia PD,Fire
and more to be programmed.................

running 24 / 7

Enjoy...........

Computer Died, So this online is OFF LINE at the moment.
I have a new machine, but i need the USB to din adapter to get back online.
I will have one some time this upcoming week and get back to streaming....

Thanks
Jim

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
SW Cuyahoga Feed

The southwest Cuyahoga feed is live now for alpha tagging. If you listen to the feed using realplayer or winamp you will see the frequency/talkgroup/description of what you are hearing. Enjoy!

Josh
SW Cuyahoga feed host
jmsanders83@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.