Ohio Online Scanner Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Hey there fellow Ohio Scanner Enthusiasts. I just wanted to let you know about a new project that I am working on. I would like to have a Central Location that links to Scanner Audio from all over the State of Ohio. I think it would be neat to have coverage in all 4 corners and parts in between.

Check out our Start - http://www.scanmiamivalley.com

We currently have Scanner Coverage from Warren County all the way North to Hancock County with only a few feeds. We are hoping to get Toledo Online, and have Youngstown and Mahoning Valley. We will be adding Butler County soon as well.

If any forum visitors would like to learn how easy it would be to get your Feed up and running please e-mail me directly. There is no cost, and no bandwidth. The feeds are sent to a remote Icecast Server. There is also a 30 day Record of all radio Traffic kept in archives in 15 minute increments. Miss a Fire or Chase overnight, listen the next day.

I hope there is some interest - even if it's only a part Time feed. You really have Nothing to Lose ...and I think it will be neat if we add some of you that monitor 6 and 7 county areas.

Thanks for checking it out .... No Gimmicks here ....just a fellow listener wanting to make it available to everyone.

Jason Kinley
Fairborn, Ohio
eepowner2000-scanner@yahoo.com

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
k9gunner said:
Jason, why is the message board for GA not OH?
ScanMiamiValley has it's own Miami Valley specific forum along with other forums that are shared with other Scan* sites, most of which are in Georgia (there is a forum for ScanDenver and ScanPolkCounty (covering Polk County, Florida)).

In the Forums area, the forum specific to ScanMiamiValley.com is near the top, just under the Announcements forum.

CFP

Cleveland

Hey,

great feed.

what about getting Cleveland FD????

jasonk

Feed Provider
Northern Miami Valley Feed

Preble County Fire &EMS
Darke County Fire & EMS
Shelby County Fire & EMS
Miami County Dispatch Only
Logan County Fire & EMS
Champaign County Fire & EMS
Clark County Fire & EMS (No Springfield - Pro Voice)
Mercer County Fire & EMS
Auglaize County Fire & EMS
Allen County , Including Lima FD

Montgomery Co. & Dayton Feed

All Montgomery FD - 800 Mhz TRS
Dayton FD - 800 Mhz TRS Including Airport FD

Greene County Feed

All Greene County FD's - 800 Mhz

Warren County / Careflight

Warren County Dispatch Only
Careflight Dispatch Traffic

Youngstown Feed

Youngstown FD
Mahoning County FD's

Toledo feed

Once it is working will stream Toledo FD 800 Mhz

Coming Soon

Butler County FD's

Middletown FD
Hamilton FD
All other County FD's

Jason Kinley
www.scanmiamicvalley.com

jasonk

Feed Provider
CFP said:
Hey,

great feed.

what about getting Cleveland FD????

I would Love to get a Cleveland or Cincinnati or Columbus Feed up and running. If anyone is near those areas and would like to put a feed online please e-mail me. It is very easy and takes up little or no resources.

Jason

jasonk

Feed Provider
No problem .....

We added the Jefferson County, Ohio Feed and the Toledo FD Feed is now active.

Also - Check out the archive Section. All audio is available for the past 30 days. Broken down in 15 minute increments. You wont miss another fire dispatch ....

Still Need Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleveland !! Come on ...someone has a spare scanner laying around. Lets cover the State .... I may try to get a Marcs Feed Online Soon. Alot of the Medical Choppers are using MARCS now ....

Jason Kinley
http://www.scanmiamivalley.com

jasonk

Feed Provider
Just an update - We now have a Part Time Cincinnati/Hamilton County FD feed available at www.scanmiamivalley.com .

I listened to it last night while it was online and the audio sounded pretty good. You can check the Archives section if you'd like to hear what this Digital System sounds like. It is a little different from the Analog Stuff.

Looks like folks have been listening to the feeds ....we've had alot of traffic. Let me know if you have any other ideas or improvements we can make to the site.

If you haven't visited yet ...Stop by !!

Jason Kinley
Xenia, Ohio

SLWilson

Great site!

Jason,

You have a great site up & running. I've had the NE Ohio tuned in for a while. Sounds better than many scanners I've listened to!!!!

Steve/KB8FAR (SE Ohio)

Attachments

• Gallia911.JPG
    Gallia911.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 3,724

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I may be interested in hosting Canton Fire. Could anyone give me info on what software I would need to host with my BC250D? Is a DSL connection fast enough?

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Volfirefighter said:
I may be interested in hosting Canton Fire. Could anyone give me info on what software I would need to host with my BC250D? Is a DSL connection fast enough?
I can send you simple setup instructions and a customized setup package for Oddcast that will setup the encoder pre-configured to send your scanner audio to the server for ScanMiamiValley.com.

A DSL connection (or Cable Modem connection) is plenty fast enough, the scanner feed only used 24kbps of your upstream bandwidth regardless of how many people are listening to the scanner they people connect to my server to listen to your scanner instead of to your machine.

Send me an e-mail at gordon@scanmiamivalley.com and I'll send you the setup instructions.

-- Gordon

KevinTheMule

I'll have my antenna up this week, and hopefully my dedicated base scanner in and online in 2 weeks.

You'll be able to add Clinton County to your 24/7 list...and maybe Clermont. You seem to have Warren covered pretty well at this point.

You guys will LOVE listening to Clinton County...just when you thought you'd never hear "Nude Male Subject, Methamphetamine, Sheep, Crossbow, and 4-Wheeler" in one dispatch... :D

-Kevin

Last edited:

SLWilson

Gallia County...

I've added Gallia County to their list.

Locally, Gallia EMS, sheriff, all the village & Twp FD's, Gallipolis PD, County highway department, MARCS for Post 27, Post 40 and all the Gallia Co agencies that use MARCS...

From Jackson County, there is Jackson PD, FD, Wellston FD amd the M-J FD....

It was so simple to set up that a cave man could do it!!!!

Steve/KB8FAR

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I did some quick patching and had Canton Fire up this morning. I have to get some additional cables to set it up right. I should have it online by the end of the week.

hoser147

Hey Jason what did you find out on Auglaize S.O.? I sent you a PM. Also what area does your NW Ohio (city) for MARCS located at just wondering it doesnt cover what i get on my scanner IE different posts. I just try to track these things. Thanks Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.