old scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

i have analog vhf/uhf scanner. give me your frequencies you would enter that are used in emergencies

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but after a search through the database I was unable to locate any frequencies for "suburban hell". Might need a better location...

bailly2

i know my local state and county frequencies. got the vtac, utac and other interoperability channels,, red cross, aircraft emergency channel. there could be something im not thinking off. this site doesn't show logs from some major events in the past.

kk6yus

If I were you, I would focus my search on interop channels, as many agencies are going digital and would need a surefire way to communicate (which is analog).

Or befriend a local first responder and ask them if they've any input.

Google can also yield some results for Local/County/State Emergency Communication Plans.

Best of luck in your suburban hell....

xxdanielt3

Premium Subscriber
What county are you trying to monitor? I'm confused as to what youre asking here? Do you want "extra" frequencies? Does your scanner have Close Call option?

bailly2

i know of all the frequencies for my county. i guess i was looking for something like a fema to state channel

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but after a search through the database I was unable to locate any frequencies for "suburban hell". Might need a better location...

Hell is part of Pinckney. So look up Unadilla Township. (They are on MPSCS.)

Sent via Tapatalk

bailly2

If you have an analog vhf/uhf scanner, what channels would YOU enter for emergencies/major events? Thanks

xxdanielt3

Premium Subscriber
If you have an analog vhf/uhf scanner, what channels would YOU enter for emergencies/major events? Thanks

I would just use Close Call personally... does your scanner have that capability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Hell is located near the southern border of Livingston County, MI. ZIP 48169

"Hell, or Hiland Lake, is an unincorporated community in Putnam Township of Livingston County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The community is near the border with Washtenaw County, about 15 miles northwest of Ann Arbor."

GPS coordinates: -83.98822923053419, 42.43229807709935

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
In all seriousness, the OP needs to indicate which STATE he or she resides in, and the thread should be moved to that State's forum. I would guess people in that State can advise which frequencies/radio systems have been previously used in prior big incidents such as earthquakes, floods, hurricanes et al.

bailly2

if there is an admin reading this, could you delete this thread since i cannot do it myself. thanks
thank you 66kyus, W8RMH

Last edited:

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
I know this is titled 'Old Scanner' but what exactly are you using? Does it trunk? Is it crystal controlled? If youre really just looking to put it to good use and it has a search feature, I recommend using it to find new frequencies. We have no idea where you live so cant really recommend anything local, just rarely used national stuff that have been published for years.

If you havent done so already, program in MURS and FRS channels, many local CERT teams use them during emergencies. Also your local ARES/RACES channels. Local railroads are also good to keep in a radio in the event of a derailment. State DOT is also a must have for emergencies.

I also recommend national aircraft freqs

121.5000 - Emergency 'Guard'
122.4000 - FAA Flight Services
122.7500 - A-A Fixed Wing
122.9000 - Common CTAF
122.9500 - Unicom
123.0250 - A-A Rotary Wing
123.0500 - Heliports
123.0750 - Heliports
123.1000 - Search and Rescue
123.3000 - Gliders and Hot Air Balloons
123.5000 - Gliders and Hot Air Balloons

Many states also have what are referred to as Practice Areas for aircraft to perform acrobatic and training maneuvers. The freqs are not widely published, usually found in your local aeronautical sectional chart. Anytime an aircraft, civilian or military, enters a Practice Area they have to announce themselves and keep in constant contact with all other nearby air traffic.

There are also several 'flight test' freqs between 123.1250 and 123.5250 MHz. One of these freqs is 123.4500 which has been used for years by pilots for unofficial air-to-air over the mainland.

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
i know my local state and county frequencies. got the vtac, utac and other interoperability channels,, red cross, aircraft emergency channel. there could be something im not thinking off. this site doesn't show logs from some major events in the past.

I have a couple older scanners like you mention. While I use a different one to monitor the trunked systems I'm interested in, I keep the older ones for much of the reason you're looking for (I think). Like you, I'd use it for the interop channels and others you mentioned, but I'd include some of the local ham repeaters. In fact, during severe weather, I use the analog scanners for just that purpose while my other scanner works public safety freqs.

So, not much help, but wanted you to know you're not the only one looking for a use/solution.

73s!

Status
Not open for further replies.