Ottawa P25 trunk

Jason_wyler

I am too far from Ottawa to hear the system. The scanner will auto detect the C4FM or CQPSK data.
Well when I program the system it tells me NFM, but considering it's not the Mode I change it to FM. Are you saying I should change back to NFM ?

gary123

FM mode is what I use in my 536/200s for trunking. FM mode is about 5khz bandwidth. NFM is about 2.5 Khz bandwidth.

The system setting that should be best are.
System type = P25X2 TDMA,
P25 NAC = search

the site settings are
modulation = FM
Mot/P25 bandplan = Standard
P25 waiting = 200
P25 threashold = AUTO
P25 filter = Normal

Enter the Frequencies and make a TG list. All should be good.

Jason_wyler

Ok I am out at the moment, but when I do the steps I will let you know what I did just so you know if I did it right.

FM mode is what I use in my 536/200s for trunking. FM mode is about 5khz bandwidth. NFM is about 2.5 Khz bandwidth.

The system setting that should be best are.
System type = P25X2 TDMA,
P25 NAC = search

the site settings are
modulation = FM
Mot/P25 bandplan = standard
P25 waiting = 200
P25 threashold = auto
P25 filter = normal

Enter the Frequencies and make a TG list. All should be good.
Also the Ottawa system I don’t see TDMA but I think that should be okay

Jason_wyler

Ottawa Trunking System, Ottawa, Ontario

this indicates a TDMA system. But it may not be testing with known active TG will tell you if its P25 or P25P2
Ok so what I do is go to P25 trunk system. Do I have to enter any base freq ?

I saw D symbol but not T. What I'll do is I go to P25, then enter in freq,then go to Band Plan and select the Standard one.
If this helps, any the TG I do monitor are the OC Transpo ones and the city bylaws and the city trash.

gary123

No you do not need to add in any base frequencies. the scanner will get that information from the control channel. Th D indicates a digital TG.

for the Tg entry enter in the Tg(s) you want and under audio type select digital. The scanner should auto detect but setting this makes the scanner use the digital processor immediately. note you have to set this for each TG you enter.

Jason_wyler

No, you do not need to add in any base frequencies. the scanner will get that information from the control channel. The D indicates a digital TG.

For the TG entry enter in the TG(s) you want. Under Audio Type select Digital. The scanner should auto detect but setting this makes the scanner use the digital processor immediately. Note you have to set this for each TG you enter.

Ok, so I go to MOT system not P25 Standard? Then I do the rest

If I am doing it wrong then I will go to MOT system. What I do have set up as P25 standard trunk system I enter in site 2 freq and then I see data Link on the screen, so I am assuming I am doing it right,but if not then you saying I need to use MOT system for Ottawa P25 trunk, is that it ?

I will change it to MOT system but I do think that it's P25 trunk but anyway. I will do that and enter in TG but I already do have voice data and Links on my screen from the P25 trunk.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
From a post a long long time ago...

X2-TDMA is not Phase II TDMA. X2-TDMA is Motorola's flavor of TDMA, a precursor to the final Phase II TDMA standard, which only started shipping this August.
Eventually the Motorola X2-TDMA systems will be fully converted to the official P25 Phase II TDMA standard, and this won't be an issue any longer. But during this transition period, the difference really should be distinguished.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I don’t really have to change anything in regards to the Ottawa trunk do it ?
Set it as a P25 System. Add in control channel frequenices. Add in talkgroups. Do not add a band plan. That's all you need to do.

If DAT is steadily showing on the screen, it is receiving the control channel.

If it shows NFM with no signal bars, you are not receiving anything.

If you see NFM WITH signal bars, it is likely not able to decode due to simulcast or other RF conditions.

Jason_wyler

Set it as a P25 System. Add in control channel frequenices. Add in talkgroups. Do not add a band plan. That's all you need to do.

If DAT is steadily showing on the screen, it is receiving the control channel.

If it shows NFM with no signal bars, you are not receiving anything.

If you see NFM WITH signal bars, it is likely not able to decode due to simulcast or other RF conditions.
i have it set to FM modulation so that should be the main one ?