BCD325P2/BCD996P2: P1150

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1150

Premium Subscriber
I'm a noob (admittedly) and I have owned scanners all my life just about. I have an BCD996p2 for a couple years now and I have a question? I live in Michigan and trying to track down the system Livonia Mi police use. Are they using edacs, p25 or something else. I am having a difficult time trying to find out!

Thanks for any help...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It appears that Livonia is on the statewide trunk, which we have documented here (links are in blue).

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100

And to make it easier on folks trying to help - please put something in your subject line besides your ID. No one from Michigan - or anywhere else, for that matter - would know that you were looking for Livonia information, We have a Michigan forum where more specific questions on the statewide system should be posted.

Mike

p1150

Premium Subscriber
as i read other threads then, and if Livonia is fully encrypted then I am probably wasting my time trying to locate?

Thanks for any help

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If that is true - only the Michigan folks would know this for sure - than yes; there's no scanner that can break encryption...Mike

N8IAA

as i read other threads then, and if Livonia is fully encrypted then I am probably wasting my time trying to locate?

Thanks for any help

Looking at the database, Livonia PD is encrypted. So, if that's what you want to monitor, you are SOL. The scanner you have will silence any encrypted TGID's.

Larry

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I live in Livonia also, as others have said you can't listen to Livonia Police, Livonia and Canton PD are encrypted full time. Livonia Fire has some encrypted channels but as far as I know they have never been used, I have no trouble listening to Livonia FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.