• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 Conv Software Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
Hello,
Does anyone know of a software dispatch application that can be used on a P25 conventional system? I've run across a few free ones for DMR.
I just need to see who is talking, receive EMRG calls, and remotely stun/disable/inhibit radios.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
Are you the system administrator?
Yes sir I am. The part 90 hasn’t been granted yet and I am just planning and looking into everything and will be happy to supply the application file number.

a417

U+0000
I don't want/need your application number.

This is the internet.

Why don't you ask the radio shop you are going to be working with if they have any suggested vendors?

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
I am the radio shop I'm working with. I'm asking on here because we've never worked with any Dispatch software for P25. And the Harris and Moto offerings seem a bit expensive for what we're trying to do.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Nothing is cheap about P25, conventional or trunked. Quite a bit depends on how you plan on interfacing with your infrastructure. Do you want/need console priority, patching capability to other console resources? What console resources are you planning to deploy? Recording interface (AIS versus analog audio), etc.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
Dont need patching, dont need priority, Just need a singular console that can receive EMRG calls and remotely stun/disable/inhibit radios. The ability to talk would be a plus but can be left out to save cost.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
the ability to "stun and inhibit radios" in a Motorola environment requires a console connected to a core. Who makes your system? P25 isn't DMR. Console capabilities largely depend on the capabilities and configuration as shipped of the core itself. More info is needed. This isn't a "plug and play" operation. Usually an ST or someone experienced with system configuration needs to be present to do the heavy lifting.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
It's a harris MastrIII with a p25 dsp module. A few harris m7100's, a few EFJ 5100's and EFJ5300's. And everyone and a while some XTS's and XTL's

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
It's a harris MastrIII with a p25 dsp module. A few harris m7100's, a few EFJ 5100's and EFJ5300's. And everyone and a while some XTS's and XTL's
Maybe someone from a Harris shop can chime in.
I support and maintain a Motorola 7.1 6(soon to be R2019.2) trunking system. Have 34 MCC7500s spread across 4 dispatch sites.

I cut my teeth on learning the MCC7500s, went to school, bought the ticket- and learned by listening to the veterans. I'd suggest getting with someone locally.

Not knowing ANYTHING about Harris MASTR IIIs, I am sure at minimum, you need some type of connectivity (2wire/4wire or IP?) to the master site and configuration of whatever console(s) you procure. I'm just starting to educate myself on CSSI.

trumpetman

Database Admin
It's more of a hardware solution than a software solution like you originally requested, and also a bit dated, but the Motorola MC2500 deskset wired to an appropriate control station will give you everything you ask for and maybe a little more. I'm not as up to date with the newer MCD5000 desket that is currently offered and supported but I imagine it has similar capabilities if you have the budget and need. A desket, junction box (if you need it) and control station are pretty easy to come by on eBay. The PDF linked below has a list of capabilities and features on the second and third page:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The MC2500 can only enable/inhibit (stun) via MDC, so analog only. It will work on P25 for tx/rx, but nothing more than that.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
Sounds like you are building an Ebay trash system the IIIs have been EOL for a number of years, as is most of this other stuff.
That's exactly right. The systems may be EOL but the hardware, software, and manuals are still everywhere. No use throwing something that still works out just to drop a few K on a system that's shiny.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
Features that we don't need. 90% of the radios that we have to place in-service on it are of roughly the same age. (2009-2016). The newest radio we have is two APX4000's.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you ask the radio shop you are going to be working with if they have any suggested vendors?
I see this kind of response often around here by a few people. What is the point of having forums and communities like this one if you can't ask and discuss things like that and only depend on your inside sources or department? That's how people do research for their own department. Your own sources are not infallible or know best all the time. You seem to be trying to police something subliminally...

Status
Not open for further replies.