• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

mous

Hi guys,

I am new with the P25 technology and I have few questions, so I would appreciate your help.

I know that its is a C4FM modulation (FDMA) simulcast and I already know that 3 motorola GTRs are used in the design, on for Control, one is standby and the third is in TX/RX mode; So I want to know how many frequencies can the GTR TX/RX handle and how many voice channels can we have at the same time.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The GTR is a single channel trunked station. With Phase 2 a single frequency will be able to do two simultaneous transmissions.

I don't recall how many total channel resources a 9600 (ver 7.x) trunked controller can have. Maybe someone else can chime in.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
For single site there can be a maximum of 28 channels in FDMA and as I recall a maximum of 30 talk paths in phase II using a phase I control channel.

JRayfield

P25 Phase 1 provides one voice channel per frequency. For a trunking site, at least two frequencies must be used - one for the control channel, and one for a voice channel. It sounds like you've got one extra repeater at the site for backup, but if it's not on-the-air as part of the system, then you only have one voice channel available, as you've described the site.

John Rayfield, Jr.

mous

Thank you guys,

So it depends on the GTR capacity (TX/RX) and how many frequencies I'm able to assign.
One more questions, I am comming from a GSM Operator so i am trying to make some comparisions.
Can I assign more than one frequency for the GTR used for control, so One will be used as a control channel and the others for TX/RX ?? as in the BCCH and TCH in GSM ?

KA1RBI

For a trunking site, at least two frequencies must be used - one for the control channel, and one for a voice channel.

I believe the specs make provisions for shared-use channels (channels which continuously broadcast OSP's, as do trunk CC's, but also can switch to voice mode when desired). Whether any vendor does this today is a different question.

Also, in a repeatered trunked system, with one dedicated channel for control and one for voice, a total of four frequencies would be used.

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.