P25 programming question....

Aviation_Scanner

WSEY205
Premium Subscriber
I know when you manually program a P25 system, you enter the DEC value for the TGID.

From my understanding most (if not all) programming software use the DEC value, but I was curious if there were any situations that would necessitate the use of the HEX value found in the database & what is the HEX value used for, if anything, from a programming standpoint.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I know when you manually program a P25 system, you enter the DEC value for the TGID.

From my understanding most (if not all) programming software use the DEC value, but I was curious if there were any situations that would necessitate the use of the HEX value found in the database & what is the HEX value used for, if anything, from a programming standpoint.

You should ask this under the programming or your scanners forums, all scanners and radios are programmed differently and you'd get better answers there, as this isn't really a general scanning question it is a programming question.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I believe some professional radios (Ex; Motorola) use Hex IDs. I dont think I've ever encountered it at the consumer level.