• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 Talkgroup

Not open for further replies.


Jun 1, 2017
Okay so our department is having a bit of trouble, we were recently thinking about switching our communications from analog to digital but the county we're in says we have to have a talk group created in order for us to be on the P25 system, my problem is I've only worked with mototrbo systems so I have absolutely no knowledge of how to have a talkgroup created for us. Anyone have any ideas or know what I need to do? Its also worth mentioning our agency has no communications department its just the assistant chief and I that manages that.


Apr 28, 2016
Nankin Township, Michigan
Gswan2021, it sounds like you want to get on the county system. Just like W8RMH says, someone at the county either maintains THEIR system, or is in charge of telling the vendor what they want done with the system. Contact that person. The word THEIR is capitalized for a reason.

Having said all that, the question I ponder is how is the county system funded? If it's from county-wide taxes or a 911 surcharge, then you, your fellow first responders, and the people you respond to help pay for it. Sniff around and see who bought the radios already on the P25 system.
You see where I'm going here? See if the county will provide the radios. Never hurts to ask.
Not open for further replies.