P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Here is another one demonstrating sensitivity performance with the mag mount antenna recommended in the user manual. It was connected to the P25RX with a high-quality step-attenuator in-between set to 40dB. The 40dB attenuation at the test location pushes it pretty close to the limits. You can see the control channel frequently down below -110dBm and the voice channels still working quite well around -108 dBm.

Impressive

Does the software parse out the raw logs so we can track what Radio ID
transmits on what talk groups? For traffic analysis

mharris

Premium Subscriber
I know there arent but a few units in hand, but I'm very interested to see side by side tests in a tough Simulcast environment with the SDS/Unication radios. I also like the idea of having a future scanning platform via PC or Smartphone; it seems this is mostly possible with this device, especially with future software.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The website doesn't show anything about the receiver. I understand none are in stock, but that could just be annotated on the page.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I know there arent but a few units in hand, but I'm very interested to see side by side tests in a tough Simulcast environment with the SDS/Unication radios. I also like the idea of having a future scanning platform via PC or Smartphone; it seems this is mostly possible with this device, especially with future software.

I have a G5 and got a receiver this past Monday. There will be more to come on your SBS inquiry.

boy7777777777

I just received mine today. I’m not familiar with using Java programs. So how exactly do you enter commands to get it to listen to a conventional frequency?

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
2) Manually Listen To An Analog Narrow-band FM channel

Try the following console commands
$ rssi 0 (turn off scrolling rssi / status display)
$ is_control 0 (turn off trunking mode, also turns off auto-freq tracking)
$ freq 931.2125 (set analog FM narrow-band frequency to listen to)
$ vol 0.1 (set to low volume from 3.5mm audio jack, default level is 0.8)
$ audio_out 1 (switch to analog audio output)

boy7777777777

I noticed that when you manually enter Talkgroups into the Talkgroup editor and try to make a backup it clears all the entries. I’m using windows 10.

btt

Banned
Banned
Does the software parse out the raw logs so we can track what Radio ID
transmits on what talk groups? For traffic analysis
Currently, the firmware does not keep track of radio id.

I noticed that when you manually enter Talkgroups into the Talkgroup editor and try to make a backup it clears all the entries. I’m using windows 10.
Sorry about that. I thought I had a warning about this in the user manual or software, but looks like it was removed. When you do a backup of the talk groups, it first reads all the talk groups from the device flash and then writes them to the specified file. You need to "write talk groups" to move any newly entered talk groups to the device flash first. I will work on getting the warning back in there.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I know there are some console commands that make it possible to montior a conventional analog frequency but I am guessing that at least at this time anyway there is no provision for tracking a conventional or mixed-mode 3600 baud Motorola TRS, right? Just curious. That would be nifty if so but I ask again knowing full well the concentration is on P25.

boy7777777777

Well......I’ve finally got a chance to play with the P25RX for a while. Tried it out on the AWIN system. With a signal of -68 it decodes pretty good but there is times there will be very small garble/glitch sounds. It isn’t a simulcast tower. Is there any settings you can adjust to try and make it cleaner audio?

btt

Banned
Banned
but I am guessing that at least at this time anyway there is no provision for tracking a conventional or mixed-mode 3600 baud Motorola TRS, right? Just curious.
No, no support for that at this time. If it is documented somewhere, that might be possible for future development.

Is there any settings you can adjust to try and make it cleaner audio?
I've made some adjustments to the audio agc in both the software and firmware. It should sound better for Software->PC speaker and 3.5mm audio line-out playback. There are some other changes as well. Please try downloading the latest software from the website (2020-06-20_2111). This will perform a firmware update.

btt

Banned
Banned
I just did some mobile testing of version 2020-06-20_2111. Don't use this version! RF performance is definitely worse in a mobile situation. I will be changing the web site to have a stable and experimental version available at all times. Give me an hour or two for the changes. I will have a "new" experimental version ready after some mobile performance testing.

btt

Banned
Banned
There is a new release available on the website. version 2020-06-21_18:22 (labeled experimental) The previous "stable" version is also available. The 2020-06-21_18:22 has the audio agc changes (gets rid of some small, but perceptible audio glitches). The RF AGC was mostly reverted to previous functionality, but with greater hysteresis. I have tested both fixed operation and mobile operation with very good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.