Paramus PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Spent some time today in the Paramus area.

Absolutely no traffic on the listed database frequency.

Have they moved?

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the responses. The database needs to be updated as it is incorrect based on the above.

They are dropping like flies and soon these $500 plus items will be very expensive paperweights.

When I was back in the area in September, I heard a lot of activity on Bergen County's system. It just wasn't the SO. I only heard maintenance and transport activities.

Seems like most of the activity is in the morning when everyone is starting out, then it tapers off throughout the day.

onsceno

Paramus PD is still very much operating on 460.5 146.2 and 460.075 146.2... though they are getting hammered on 460.5 with co-user digital traffic (I think White Plains). They have no intention of going anywhere off that UHF analog.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
When I was back in the area in September, I heard a lot of activity on Bergen County's system. It just wasn't the SO. I only heard maintenance and transport activities.

Seems like most of the activity is in the morning when everyone is starting out, then it tapers off throughout the day.
DPW is also active through out the day.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Paramus PD is still very much operating on 460.5 146.2 and 460.075 146.2... though they are getting hammered on 460.5 with co-user digital traffic (I think White Plains). They have no intention of going anywhere off that UHF analog.

Interesting; I hear no interference at all on 460.500 in my neck of the woods, which is just west of Paramus.

However, I have noticed many comments by the dispatchers on 155.295 (Paramus EMS) that suggest mucho interference of some sort is present on that frequency. Can't figure out why Paramus doesn't move EMS operations (not paging) to the secondary fire repeater (453.375), which is rarely used.

SCPD

QRT
ok now

Interesting; I hear no interference at all on 460.500 in my neck of the woods, which is just west of Paramus.

However, I have noticed many comments by the dispatchers on 155.295 (Paramus EMS) that suggest mucho interference of some sort is present on that frequency. Can't figure out why Paramus doesn't move EMS operations (not paging) to the secondary fire repeater (453.375), which is rarely used.

Ok now what kind of scanner or radio do you have?

Several. Mostly a 396XT, but I also listen on a Yaesu FT-8800 when I'm in the car. I also have a Yaesu portable. Have never heard a hetrodyne under Paramus PD regardless of where I've been in either Bergen, Passaic, or Hudson Counties.

onsceno

DPW is still on 45.44, not on UHF. I get plenty of digital interference on my XTL5000 (as do the dispatchers) ... not heterodyning, but during the repeater tail or any opening of the repeater.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
DPW is still on 45.44, not on UHF. I get plenty of digital interference on my XTL5000 (as do the dispatchers) ... not heterodyning, but during the repeater tail or any opening of the repeater.

I meant Bergen County DPW on the Bergen County System, in reference to the previous poster stating that there was other traffic in addition to the Sheriffs Department.

What frequency are you getting the digital interference on, and what does it sound like?

Digital and analog don't seem to mix well, but the problem is exacerbated on VHF. Because of the pairing of UHF, it's not very common, and the interference would be mostly from mobiles or control stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.