Paypal delay! You should warn us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1ez

I just joined as a premium member and wanted to download some info before heading out for the weekend. I sure wish your site would have told me BEFORE i registered that if I used Paypal/checking acct option instead of a credit card (which is my norm) that I would have to wait a few days befoer accessing the database!

Ughh!

S

SCPD

QRT
I just joined as a premium member and wanted to download some info before heading out for the weekend. I sure wish your site would have told me BEFORE i registered that if I used Paypal/checking acct option instead of a credit card (which is my norm) that I would have to wait a few days befoer accessing the database!

Ughh!

S

Look again you have been credited!, you do not see the premium Icon at the yop of your messsage??

n1ez

Premium member access

Thanks for your quick reply!

I did create a second account and paid via paypal/credit card this time. In doing that, I did notice mention that if you pay by paypal/credit card you get immeidate access but I think it should be even more clear....

Anyway, maybe I am doing something wrong because after creating this second account with a credit card payment, I am still not able to download. I see no option to download the text file after doing the database query and clicking on "download." I only get the page (as per this URL: Programming Your Scanner With the Web service) which gives me the 3 steps to download with a link to upgrading to premium membership.

Am I doing something wrong? I just checked this morning and it is still that way. I haven't checked with my second account but I will in a minute.

Thanks

S

Drafin

I sure wish your site would have told me BEFORE i registered that if I used Paypal/checking acct option

In defense of RR I have never seen ANY site or seller that would ship or authorize a product that was paid for with paypal checking account option before the payment cleared. Paypal clearly states that it can take 7-10 business days for this payment method to clear.

Draf

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Its nothing to do with the site...

Paypal doesnt send the money until it actually gets the money from your bank, that usually takes a few days for an EFT... There is no mechanism in place for paypal to verify that you have the funds or to reserve the funds in your account.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
As a paypal user and member here anytime that I have use that combo, it has worked just fine for me and I see that you have a Premium Subscription so it must heaved worked for you to, welcome to the site I myself believe that you will find that it is money well spent with the right software you will find that your scanner is up and running just the way that you like it, I know that there is a bit of a learning carve to this but I believe that you will find that it is money well spent, welcome aboard.

n1ez

Paypal question

Thanks Ken... I'm looking forward to using the site.

I did create a second account paid by credit card and still cannot figure out how to download the data. Yes (to all) I can access the frequency listings, but can't seem to figure out how to actually download the text file.

I must be missing something obvious or the permission is not yet granted (though my account does show Premium status).

When I click on download I am just given the 3 step instruction page for getting downloads including the instructions for upgrading to premium.

OK, I will be patient and keep checking in and seeing if something is different...

Steve

BCD-396XT, FT1000MP, PCR1000, BC235XLT, IC2200, IC W2A. IC 28A, IC-706, VHF250 etc etc...

n1ez

Figured it out!

I had no idea that you access the data files from within the "freescan" software! All this time I was looking to download a CSV file from this RR site and just went into freescan and saw the login to RR and it went out and grabbed the county info I was looking for and programmed the 396XT!

That is fantastic!!!! Very impressive. I'm excited to grab other areas and fill this thing up.

I assume I have to manually load the Ham 2/440 repeaters myself though...??

Thanks RR!

S

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

We actually don't allow e-checks, so I'm actually not sure you paid from the checking account. Are you sure the funds were not debited from a credit card?

How long did it take from the point which you paid to the point when you were credited?

n1ez

Paypal question

Hi.

I created 2 accounts, both via payroll with one via checking debit and the other via credit card.

Both accounts seem to convert to premium status immediately.

I assume that my method of using Freescan to access the downloadble lists is the correct approach and that there is not a way to directly download a csv file from the RR site?

It took me a few days to stumble upon the freescan connection to RR so I am not sure when that was enabled. I only used the account created via checking debit and it worked the next day.

Thanks.

S

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
He was originally looking to download a CSV file from RR to his computer. For that, it would not matter if his scanner supports anything or if he has a cable or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.