• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pd982 connect to phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Just bought a brand new pd982, and on the product description it says you can call a phone. I have every option enabled except for encryption. What or where to begin to do this ?

ottosykora

You would need to have some device listening for the signals from your radio and pass them to phone network.
This is can be done for example by a repeater with suitable phone adapter connected to a phone line.
Meaning it needs an infrastructure existing, then the phone part in the codeplug can be set up accordingly.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Ham repeaters have used this in years passed, but the cell phone has made it basically obsolete. The big downfall is that it is like a radio call with one person listening and the other speaking.

ottosykora

So far all kind of appnotes to that matter are considering phone patch controller or pbx which hardly exist any more.
Recently I was asked to acomplish something like this, but today we have only internet VOIP here, so I did not find some simple solution myself. While it might be simple to pass some audio, to interact with the internet phone system will need more knowledge on my site.
Has someone experience with connecting to VOIP?
We have no more phone lines in our country.

ottosykora

hmm, normal fax does not work here any more. For fax, we need some special fax machine specially made for VOIP, they have no phone cable, but RJ45 to be connected to router.
But I have heard that there are some devices which can connect a repeater via SIP signaling.
Do you have any exp how to achieve this? Or some links to more infos etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.