• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Peaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

If I went to take my Uniden - 40-Channel Compact CB Radio - Black
Model: PRO520XL what is the max it could be peak for Watage like says 7Watts is there anyway you could get more power? and how would i get more power

jackj

Maybe 4.5 watts. But even if they could double the power to 8 watts, you wouldn't notice ANY difference in range or signal reports.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If I went to take my Uniden - 40-Channel Compact CB Radio - Black
Model: PRO520XL what is the max it could be peak for Watage like says 7Watts is there anyway you could get more power? and how would i get more power

Well, try plugging it into 110v.
No seriously, there's nothing you can do with that cb that's going to make any difference on the received end. It's a simple limited ability cb with no real tricks.

n9zas

CPerk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SCH-I510 4G Build/EP4) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I just want to push good signal so can talk to my friends they push good signal and they can't hear me i currently have cobra 18 WxII and had that peak to 12 watts and that's still not help what can i do should get a Wilson attena or what ?

WQFM513

You could change out the stock 2sc2078 for a 2sc1969 final transistor and adjust the modulation limiter. Not really a power gain, but you may be a little louder than what you have now.

gewecke

Banned
Spend the $$ on a class antenna system rather than a "chop shop". Why trash the radio by forcing to do something it's not able to do? Cb's are way too limited to be worth the effort.

n9zas

nonperson

This must be a first, no one jumped and said it was illegal yet. :)

If that's the radio I'm thinking of I agree with the above.

gewecke

Banned

Being illegal is a moot point as far as cb is concerned.

n9zas

WQFM513

Antennas do make all the difference, I constructed a 7 foot antenna out of 1 inch sch 40 aluminum pipe, my 5 year old uses it on her cb with excellent results. Hers is a bone stock midland 1001z. I also have a 7 foot 1/2 inch sch 80 aluminum pipe for my 29lx. Another awsome preformer.

K9WG

n9zas

Yes! Ladies and gentlemen... N9ZAS wins for the best comeback of the day!!!

m222069350.gif

nonperson

n9zas

So RR is no longer deleting or closing threads when folks make threads or posts asking questions about "illegal" CB equipment or mods? I no longer have to read a million posters reply saying such things are illegal any more? One was plenty enough! :D

I may just start coming around more often. It was getting old reading all those replies in such threads saying the stuff was illegal etc over and over again. I don't recommend nor condone such illegal stuff but such replies were annoying. BTW it was driving a few folks over to other forums... I was one of them.

Sorry for the thread hijacking it won't happen again. OP I apologize.:)

JayMojave

Hello Nonperson:

Most CB radios simply do not have the design and componets coming out of the gates to be modified to get a little extra output power. Thats what linear amplifiers are used quit a bit. The use of the linear amplifers and the CB Band use is accelerated by a unfrienedly Ham Radio Fraternity. Just read some of the replies here.

The Antenna and a good installation is real important to getting out. You didn't tell us anything about your antenna set up.

Years ago I went from a Radio Shack 19 inch loaded crapp antenna to a Wilson 1000 Magnet mount that worked 79 times better. A poor base station antenna will also cause to not getting out to well.

Jay in the Mojave

gewecke

Banned
Yes! Ladies and gentlemen... N9ZAS wins for the best comeback of the day!!!

m222069350.gif

Wow, hey thanks for the trophy, lol! I think I'll take few minutes to get out the polish. :twisted:

n9zas

reedeb

Trying to pass on the idea of such things as being illegal gets tiresome when nimrods ignore it, laugh about it, and carry on saying the same drip. Since it doesn't sink in to thick headed fools I've stopped. It does no good, and I figure sooner or later the nimrods will be paying out their nose for their foolishness.

gewecke

Banned
Trying to pass on the idea of such things as being illegal gets tiresome when nimrods ignore it, laugh about it, and carry on saying the same drip. Since it doesn't sink in to thick headed fools I've stopped. It does no good, and I figure sooner or later the nimrods will be paying out their nose for their foolishness.

Why not let em' waste their money on a already wasted band !! It's all good as long as it's not my $$$ :)

n9zas

reedeb

Why not let em' waste their money on a already wasted band !! It's all good as long as it's not my $$$ :)

n9zas

Oh I agree [that was what I was trying to convey] That is why I stopped telling em certain things were illegal. I'm tired of wasting my valuable time on the nimrods

BTW, that is a nifty trophy you got there LOL

nonperson

Hello Nonperson:

Most CB radios simply do not have the design and componets coming out of the gates to be modified to get a little extra output power. Thats what linear amplifiers are used quit a bit. The use of the linear amplifers and the CB Band use is accelerated by a unfrienedly Ham Radio Fraternity. Just read some of the replies here.

The Antenna and a good installation is real important to getting out. You didn't tell us anything about your antenna set up.

Years ago I went from a Radio Shack 19 inch loaded crapp antenna to a Wilson 1000 Magnet mount that worked 79 times better. A poor base station antenna will also cause to not getting out to well.

Jay in the Mojave

I'm not the OP and I all ready know that stuff. :)

CPerk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SCH-I510 4G Build/EP4) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well right now i got just a standard radioshack attena but in few weeks geting the Wilson 1000 or lil will i not sure what one is the best to get for my Cobra 18 wx ST II. what y'all think

Status
Not open for further replies.